Centech AP1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcgyver74

Reaction score
<Rant Mode>

So over the weekend, I picked up a Centech AP1 at the NY Motorcycle show so I can drive my electrical accessories such as the Starcom1 and the Zumo etc.., and since I'm lazy I picked up their 70 amp relay kit so I could run it with switched power (I know how to wire a relay, I was just being lazy :) )

Anyway I get home and take a look at my new stuff, only to realize that the Relay they sold me does not have Diode isolation across the trigger terminals,

It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, since it will only take me a few minutes to solder in a Diode, but considering what that thing retails for (I paid WAY less then retail) and the fact that a diode is only a few cents when bought in bulk, it should have it included....

</Rant Mode>

I understand. Really.

But at the same time perhaps that is why they got a good deal on a batch of relays, and passed the 'savings' on to you: "I paid WAY less then retail".

So now that you have the only FJR with "diode isolation" I have to ask why it was so important?