Central Place to Meet and Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Folks - we seem to have a fair number of FJR riders here in VA and even half-heartedly talked of meeting at one point. Anyone have any ideas on a good place to meet, shoot the breeze, and ride? Gotta be honest, I'm mostly a "loner" rider - have only ridden twice with others; once w/a HD friend who couldn't bring himself to meet the 55mph speed limit and once on a Poker Run w/about 100 HDs, 1 BMW (guy was all in leather, kinda wierd!) and one other FJR - never again. I wouldn't mind meeting other folks - in fact I'd like to - to see what you've done with your bikes and talk about good places to ride. I live in Stafford VA and am happy to go east, west, and/or south. I go north 5 times a week and do my best to never, ever travel that direction on weekends...

Luvtoride - you seem to be a well traveled Feejer from the Norfolk area - any ideas? I know VA is a big state and there isn't a convenient location for all - but I'd sure like to get together.

Jim

Folks - we seem to have a fair number of FJR riders here in VA and even half-heartedly talked of meeting at one point.  Anyone have any ideas on a good place to meet, shoot the breeze, and ride? Gotta be honest, I'm mostly a "loner" rider - have only ridden twice with others; once w/a HD friend who couldn't bring himself to meet the 55mph speed limit and once on a Poker Run w/about 100 HDs, 1 BMW (guy was all in leather, kinda wierd!) and one other FJR - never again.  I wouldn't mind meeting other folks - in fact I'd like to - to see what you've done with your bikes and talk about good places to ride. I live in Stafford VA and am happy to go east, west, and/or south.  I go north 5 times a week and do my best to never, ever travel that direction on weekends...
Luvtoride - you seem to be a well traveled Feejer from the Norfolk area - any ideas? I know VA is a big state and there isn't a convenient location for all - but I'd sure like to get together.

Jim
Hey Jim!,

I'm looking at a map right now to figure out right were Stafford is.......

Well, I still can't find it in a map book. Good Lord, the great navigator that I am! As far as I can tell you're not far from Warrenton, right? That is fairly near where I bought my bike. Paul George was a little northwest of Fredricksburg.

Anyhow, I'd like to say that I'm well traveled... but in reality I probably have more exposure on the forum... that's probably about it. Some of these guys eat some miles.

I'd love to meet up and ride with other Virginians. I have a couple of guys in my area on Feejs who'd probably partake (ridgerunner, jaybird & j.prentiss). David Gilley (Glxy5) is in Roanoke. There are a couple of guys in your direction... (smthng, toophast) & there is another woman somewhere around Arlington.

I can easily say that the closest that I am to riding any good roads is probably somewhere around Waynesboro. I forgot the mileage... I think that it's a little over a 200 mile ride for me.

I would think that area is a fairly neutral area. What do you think? I'd definitely be up for something in the early spring. That's a wonderful time to ride up through there... everything is just starting to bloom, etc.

Tell me, have you seen the talk about sport-touring.net's national in Canaan, WV & the WV Ramble directly following the national? I expect that I'll be seeing a few Feej's here and there. You might be interested in taking a look at those meets. Info on the ramble is under NE, SE areas & I think that I put a link to st.net;s meet info under SE, I think. If it's not there click around in a few close areas. You'll find it.

I'm doing both of these meets. A couple of the guys from the ramble will also be involved... so you wouldn't be a lone FJR.

Heidi

PS... goood hearing from you... looking forward to meeting you... plan it and they will come... please, just not June 14-18.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 11 sounds good to me - count me in! Guess it sounded so good I had to answer twice!

Last edited by a moderator: