Chatterbox

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Reaction score
I want to pass along my experience with Chatterbox.

I had three GMRS X1 units that all developed a transmitting problem when using VOX. They'd work just fine for a while, but then at random times the units would stop transmitting. I could still hear my own voice in the headset, but no one else could hear me. I'd signal my buddies that I was having comm problems. One of them would transmit to me, and transmitting ability on my unit was restored -- again for a random period of time. Then I'd lose transmitting capability all over again.

All three units were 5 or 6 years old -- WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of warranty. Just after returning from a Tail of the Dragon - Blue Ridge Parkway trip to Boone, I'd had it with the units. I called Chatterbox just to see if there was a fix to the problem. Now remember, the warranty period had long since passed. When I described the problem to the Chatterbox support guy, he told me to box up the units, send them to Chatterbox, and they'd replace all three units with either new or refurbished units -- at no charge. He told me this was a circuit board problem that had cropped up on some of the older units, and they wanted to replace my units as if they were still under warranty.

Other than that annoying transmission problem, I'd had no problems with the X1's.

Anyway, it seems as though superior customer service is a thing of the past with most companies. Not with Chatterbox. They get a great big ATTABOY!

:D