Cheapie Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I bought these cheapie wrap around grip warmers from Aerostitch two years ago.

What I'm talking about: Aerostich Warm Wrap Grips

Opened them up, and never used them.

The last time I rode and it was 33 degrees, I thought, heated grips might be nice, even though I already have headed Gerbings gloves. I dug them out and since I have my battery tender plug mounted up front the plugged right in.

Fast forward to this morning it was 27 degrees when I left this monring.

These dumb heated grips work pretty dang good. Actually they are a little hot. But since I was able to use my regular windproof/water tight gloves instead of the big ass bulky Gerbings they worked out well.

They have a simple on/off switch, and all I really need to do is put a heat troller on them so that they don't get toooo hot.

So if you're looking for something temporary and don't want them all year round, these actually work. Who'd a thunk it?

I think rather than actually shell out for a heat troller (unless I found one ubber cheap) I'll spring for the Honda heated grips next.

W00t!