Cherohala Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yamafitter,

Thanks for the great video. Cherohalla was my favorite ride of the entire weekend.

What is the name of the group that did the first piece of music on the video? CD title, too?

Slardy

Nice job on the video.

Out of curiosity, because it is hard to get the scale of speed on a video, do you recall what approximate speeds were you running there? ~ 60 or so? Looks like a lot of fun. What a great section of road. Nice, easy, swoopy turns. Makes me really sad that we didn't get to ride it this weekend due to our late arrival and weather. :angry: But we'll be back there for sure, maybe for EOM '11?

Last edited by a moderator:
yamafitter,

Thanks for the great video. Cherohalla was my favorite ride of the entire weekend.

What is the name of the group that did the first piece of music on the video? CD title, too?

Slardy
The music for the video is from the Toronto "World Beat" jazz band called Manteca. The album is Fire Me Up, Manteca in Concert and was recorded live at the Bathurst Street Theatre in Toronto during April, 1987.

The first track is called "Ouagadougou" and the second track is called "Strength in Numbers".

The album or individual tracks are available on iTunes.

Nice job on the video.

Out of curiosity, because it is hard to get the scale of speed on a video, do you recall what approximate speeds were you running there? ~ 60 or so? Looks like a lot of fun. What a great section of road...
As I recall we had a really nice rhythm going and Bungie couldn't keep up with his stupid car tire. Gary was running sweep behind us. With BikerGeek and SoozeBG running two up it was about being smooth and not so much fast but I would say 100 kph (60 mph) average would be a fair guess expect for the tighter corners. ;)

Nice stuff there Bill, :clapping: Great pick on the music also.. :good:

Next year we're going to get down that way come hell or high water. No repeats of my "blown line" though. ;)

Watched the vid twice then got all naked and danced around the garage.

Thanks for sharing.

:jester:

Thanks for that...great video! I absolutely adore the Skyway as it seems to play right into the strengths of the FJR. :D

Nice job on the video.

Out of curiosity, because it is hard to get the scale of speed on a video, do you recall what approximate speeds were you running there? ~ 60 or so? Looks like a lot of fun. What a great section of road. Nice, easy, swoopy turns. Makes me really sad that we didn't get to ride it this weekend due to our late arrival and weather. :angry: But we'll be back there for sure, maybe for EOM '11?
Yeah, we were running about 60. I think my spiffy new-to-me Wilburs rear shock made a difference - there were turns that I'm sure I woulda scraped with the stock spring but we didn't, and I used up the chicken strips all the way to the edges.

And in the last minute of the video, I about sharted myself when we came around a turn and that wrecker was in the road - someone on a cruiser lost it and went off-roading.

And thanks for posting this up, Bill!

Very nice video & music. I really enjoyed riding the Cherohala. Thanks!

Latest posts