Chips 2.0

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6393

the Vixen of Vancouver Island
Reaction score
I did a search here and came up with nothing.

For those of us who just want tunes, has anyone tried these?

I didnt start riding to talk to people or answer my damned cell phone....

Plus, those contraptions stuck to the side of the helmet are unsightly

My ears can't tolerate anything in them

Just curious if these sound allright or fit in an MC helmet speaker pocket

https://www.outdoortechnology.com/products/chips

Last edited by a moderator:
These are also for phone calls - seems like they are not really any different from a Sena (or the like)? They are just being marketed to snow boarding hipsters.
punk.gif

If you don't like the wart on the side of the helmet, look at the built in Sena (or the like) units.

sena 10U Got one......works with a handlebar remote. Can listen to FM radio or tunes from my phone. Just don't answer the damn phone when it rings. If you don't pair to anyone else , its just you!

I used a cheapo set of helmet speakers and a MP3 player. worked fine for years . Life got complicated when I won a starcom as a door prize at WFO when it was alive and now I'm on my second set of Sena 20s. I still don't answer the phone and don't plan on starting. Hell, sometimes I don't even answer the back seat copilot.
smile.png

.Just don't answer the damn phone when it rings.
Unless it's me, barb. I might need advice, ...or something.
Yeah, You need something but I don't think it's been invented yet.
rolleyes.gif

sena 10U Got one......works with a handlebar remote. Can listen to FM radio or tunes from my phone. Just don't answer the damn phone when it rings. If you don't pair to anyone else , its just you!
ya, the Sena is more than 10x the cost of these. Sena makes a similar set. i like that they would just pop in and out of the helmet to charge.

I thought this would be a thread where someone wanted bike- mounted sound. Something I think is just fine, just not at fjr nominal speeds. I think in-helmet comms like sena (and no, senas don't cost $1300) or ncom will serve you better. I use Nolan and ncom B5's. But truthfully, shure 215K monitors are my favorite.

bike mounted, in my world, is a pita.

I want to turn on the tunes, tuck them in a pocket and go. I hate wrestling bits off and on bars everytime you stop so they don't get ripped off.

at 39.99 instead of 399.00, and be able to use in other applications....

i think i just talked myself in to these LOL

nvmd

From the looks of it I don't think they will fit inside a full face helmet. The ones I use are smaller and thinner and they can still irritate me after a few hours of listening.

Dave

At least you won't be out much.... Where are the $400 Sena's being sold?