Chrome Master Cylinder Covers - Kewl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solorogue

Reaction score
Searching the web high and low I found a shop that sells covers for those ugly black master cylinder covers that sit right there on your bars.

Here are a few pics of my new covers, and they even engraved "FJR" on the covers. NICE!

I made the mistake and bought one thinking the price was for the set, but only got one in the mail. Then ordered the other.

It took a bit to get them in the mail, as they are custom made, but they finally came in and look great.

One cover was missing the chrome screws, but the manufacture said he would send me the hardware. (waiting for those)

See what you guys think.

fjr_cylinder_cover.jpg

fjr_cylinder_coverboth.jpg

fjr_cylinder_coverboth1.jpg

If you are interested here is where I picked them up from: JDA Custom

To each his own. Those "ugly black covers" don't reflect sunlight into your eyes, though!

I have enough issues with sunlight coming off the gauges, or off the window of the car in front. I sure as crap don't want any mirror-finish chrome stuff up there blinding me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right.. "to each his own" I haven't had an issue of reflection on the covers, and if I do I simply move my head. I was just glad to find an option for a bit of dress-up on my bars.

Some might like it and some might not. I just thought you guys who were interested might want to know about this custom piece I found on the web, as I know I was search high and low for a long time till I found it online. Not a whole lot for the FJR.

Searching the web high and low I found a shop that sells covers for those ugly black master cylinder covers that sit right there on your bars.

Here are a few pics of my new covers, and they even engraved "FJR" on the covers. NICE!

I made the mistake and bought one thinking the price was for the set, but only got one in the mail. Then ordered the other.

It took a bit to get them in the mail, as they are custom made, but they finally came in and look great.

One cover was missing the chrome screws, but the manufacture said he would send me the hardware. (waiting for those)

See what you guys think.

fjr_cylinder_cover.jpg

fjr_cylinder_coverboth1.jpg

If you are interested here is where I picked them up from: JDA Custom

They are definitely flashier looking than the stock covers, but I am concerned about rust and if the cover will attract rust on the inside of the cover. Also, on my 09 there really isn't any other chrome pieces in that area for these covers to help enhance; they would look a bit out-of-place imo.

...but I am concerned about rust and if the cover will attract rust on the inside of the cover. Also, there isn't any other chrome parts in that area of the bike for them to enhance; imo it looks a little out of place.
yep.

Instead of chroming up the bike, I would spend it on seat, suspension, and bobbleheads...

The covers are stainless so they will not rust and they come with the plastic seals on the inside as the OEM covers so there is no chance of interior rust on the parts.

The covers are stainless so they will not rust and they come with the plastic seals on the inside as the OEM covers so there is no chance of interior rust on the parts.
Ok, as long as you don't anticipate rusting problems I guess it's all good. When I went to the Americade Rally in Lake George, NY a few weeks ago I purchased all types of point of purchase stuff for my bike; I couldn't help myself! On the last day I had white/blue accent lights installed in the engine cut-out areas and at the base of the fairing just to personalize it and give my bike a little bling appeal. IMO the bike looks awesome; especially at night.

I don't think you want to know what I think........... :unsure:

Now chrome wheels? That's a different story. (Clicky)

Sure did.. I'll get over to the dealership one day this week and pick up a set or two to have on hand.

This way I can send 'em out as an exchange deal. Nobody has to go without covers then.

Nice Harley!

That's the new FLHDXTR Super Road Pig, ain't it???

:p :p :p

(p.s.: Someone stole your glovebox!)