Clean my motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrwanabee

Reaction score
After selling my Kawasaki cruser i was left with a substantial amount of s100 total cycle cleaner. Now I'm proud owner of a 2006 FJR :yahoo: . Has anyone had any experince using S100 on the FJR and one more stupid quiestion what dose everyone use to clean there bikes.

Thanks ..

I use any carwash that I use for my cars. In particular nasty areas I may use Simple Green and a brush. (Note: If using Simple Green, be aware of aluminum warning and use plenty of rinse; Simple Green can be corrisive to aluminum if not completely rinsed from it.)

Just bought Mr. Clean Auto Wash, uses filters and soap. Haven't used it yet, but like the idea of hosing bike off, and blow dry with a leaf blower. Anyone use this method?

Bought that Mr. Clean last summer at the insistence of the missus. That thing is EXPENSIVE to use. Them filters don't last long, and without them, you may as well not even be using it.

It does work, though, but I figure it costs more than going to a pay car wash. (That comparison applies to the cars, not the bike.)

Be careful with the leaf blower, especially around the instrument cluster and any bearings; water can be forced into places that wouldn't normally be accessible at lower velocities.

I like the Mr. Clean. Must be using too much water, since it should last quite a while. It's basically a poor man's water softener.

On the road I bring a can of Lemon Pledge and a few rags. Works pretty good.

Besides, a clean bike is a gay bike.

The least expensive windshield cleaner that Wally World sell mixed 50/50.

Then wax it up. Waxa on to the right and Waxa off to the left :rolleyes:

I use carwash and water when it is really nasty. When I need just a quick cleaning, I use Honda spray. It is a plastic cleaner made especially for bikes. It also works great on windshields and helmet visors. Spray on, wipe with a rag, and then i use a flannel or terry cloth towel for a quick buffing.

Armour All wash and wax - Honda Cleaner - Lexxis (same as Honda) and a lot of elbow grease. I just washed and waxed it yesterday. Hadn't got all the bugs off since the last WV trip.

She looks NISH now.

FUZZY BALLS!!!!!!!!! To rain washing. Washed mine three times a week ago, on the way to work one morning an on the way home twice. ;)

Oh, I did use the soap an water method Friday, first time in over a year. It looks so "Gay" now I'm tempted to mix up a batch of mud to toss at her. :p

:jester:

What? You mean to tell me you girls actually wash your motorcycles?

Isn't that special! :dance:

Me too... Mr. Clean Car-wash works well. It's so dry and hot here that the leaf blower isn't needed. :hypocritesmiley:

Plexus or Honda Polish. Use a wet/dry vac to dry those hard to reach places before storage.

Mr. Clean?