Clean my motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't care what the review said about S-100. Been using it for years on all my bikes and works great. I use the concentrated mixture in the white spray bottle and not the foam though. The concentrate can be diluted and can last a long time and still works great. It works best on the bike because it gets in where you cant use manual scrubbing to clean like the engine area. Wet the bike with cold water, spray on the cleaner (in the shade of course), let sit for a couple minutes and spray off. You will have to use the sponge that comes with it to get the dead bugs off the front end and mirrors no problemo. Not affiliated with S-100. Good luck, PM. <>< :D

Dawn diashwashing liquid soap and water...

Use some kind of plastic cleaner / polish on the tupperware. Just wipe off the Triumphs.

Wax once every other year with Turtle wax - if they need it!

I didn't buy this thing to shine it - bought it to RIDE it.

My suggestion would be to ask some Harley owners - they know all about polish and shining...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bunch of closet cleaners...

Everyones photo has a nice shinny bike but nobody washes?

Plexus and a soft rag across the whole bike bfore putting it to bed.

Me too. I'm leaving mine out in the rain tonight. Feeling kinda sheepish about this clean bike thing :glare:

:jester:

Don't care what the review said about S-100. Been using it for years on all my bikes and works great. I use the concentrated mixture in the white spray bottle and not the foam though. The concentrate can be diluted and can last a long time and still works great. It works best on the bike because it gets in where you cant use manual scrubbing to clean like the engine area. Wet the bike with cold water, spray on the cleaner (in the shade of course), let sit for a couple minutes and spray off. You will have to use the sponge that comes with it to get the dead bugs off the front end and mirrors no problemo. Not affiliated with S-100. Good luck, PM. <>< :D

Gunny +1

S-100 has been the bomb for me since I was a kid cleaning motocross bikes, and it's just as great for painted/street bikes. The stuff just plains cuts through all the crap and hoses off clean.

Of course, if you've developed an OCD situation like me, S-100 isn't enough at times and you start ripping off all the bodywork to wash, buff and re-wax every piece by hand (that's how I got the naked FJR pictures). Now that it's all scratched up from my move last year, I don't do any of that anymore and I sigh everytime I think about the paint (note: anybody know a GOOD shop near me that will paint a whole bike, bodywork removed already, for reasonable?)

MacGuires car wash soap

Plexus

MacGuires Tech Wax (omfg this stuff is good)

MacGuires plexiglass polish

Microfiber towells.

Hey, Alex ...

I can't believe you are looking to clean my old FJR already. The bike was pristine. Better than when I picked it up at the dealer's. :dribble:

OK ... that said, I don't wash my bikes often. Only after riding in a down pour or some other incident. Maybe couple times a year.

Here's what I use in NORMAL day-to-day cleaning. I use some window stuff (like Windex) cut 50/50 with water. Spray it on a cool bike .... use a microfiber clothe to wipe it away. Buy the MF clothes in a bundle at BJs, wash them a few times and toss. They are cheap.

Once the bike is pretty clean .... I use the BOM (Badtothebom.com) on all my bikes. Don't use wax. Wax is crap. Leaves a white residue, only lasts a short while (volatile stuff), and is a pain in the ass to apply/remove.

The BOM is a polymer deal. Use as directed. A bottle will last you several years ! Use a terry covered moist sponge. Spray both sides a bit (like 3 times each), wipe it on and use a microfiber clothe to wipe it off/buff. Works as fast as you can. Bonds with the paint, too. Gets better and better each time. Keeps the bugs from sticking and makes cleaning EZr next time as well.

The BOM's wheel cleaner/wax is great as well. Use XL kitchen rubber gloves (saves yer hands, bro) ... use a newspaper to wipe down the wheels first. Then use some Windex or Honda cleaner on a PINK sponge deal to remove most of the debris. Wipe with an old rag or some paper towels. Use the center stand for the rear and just back it up for the front. Takes 10 minutes (tops) per wheel. The wheel polish from the BOM contains some wax. Which is good here. It keeps the brake dust and crap from sticking. So "next time", it's EZr to do.

If .... IF... you wash the bike, use Simple Green. Like a jigger or 2 in a 4 gallon plastic pail. Use microfiber clothes here as well. Use a leaf blower to get ride of the moisture. Once done, use the BOM to shine the bugger up.

This works. Have you ever seen a bike as shiny as yours? I spent less than an hour to clean/polish it. Did not wash it. Never did. Your wheels will never be that clean again, m'friend. :rolleyes:

Wow... thank you all. I think I will just let mother nature clean my bike but I’m a stickler for a clean windshield.

I know what you are saying. What heck why did he ask the dam question to begin with. I hate cleaning; now how do I get my wife to wash and polish the bike?? :yahoo:

Hey, Alex ...
I can't believe you are looking to clean my old FJR already. The bike was pristine. Better than when I picked it up at the dealer's. :dribble:

OK ... that said, I don't wash my bikes often. Only after riding in a down pour or some other incident. Maybe couple times a year.

Here's what I use in NORMAL day-to-day cleaning. I use some window stuff (like Windex) cut 50/50 with water. Spray it on a cool bike .... use a microfiber clothe to wipe it away. Buy the MF clothes in a bundle at BJs, wash them a few times and toss. They are cheap.

Once the bike is pretty clean .... I use the BOM (Badtothebom.com) on all my bikes. Don't use wax. Wax is crap. Leaves a white residue, only lasts a short while (volatile stuff), and is a pain in the ass to apply/remove.

The BOM is a polymer deal. Use as directed. A bottle will last you several years ! Use a terry covered moist sponge. Spray both sides a bit (like 3 times each), wipe it on and use a microfiber clothe to wipe it off/buff. Works as fast as you can. Bonds with the paint, too. Gets better and better each time. Keeps the bugs from sticking and makes cleaning EZr next time as well.

The BOM's wheel cleaner/wax is great as well. Use XL kitchen rubber gloves (saves yer hands, bro) ... use a newspaper to wipe down the wheels first. Then use some Windex or Honda cleaner on a PINK sponge deal to remove most of the debris. Wipe with an old rag or some paper towels. Use the center stand for the rear and just back it up for the front. Takes 10 minutes (tops) per wheel. The wheel polish from the BOM contains some wax. Which is good here. It keeps the brake dust and crap from sticking. So "next time", it's EZr to do.

If .... IF... you wash the bike, use Simple Green. Like a jigger or 2 in a 4 gallon plastic pail. Use microfiber clothes here as well. Use a leaf blower to get ride of the moisture. Once done, use the BOM to shine the bugger up.

This works. Have you ever seen a bike as shiny as yours? I spent less than an hour to clean/polish it. Did not wash it. Never did. Your wheels will never be that clean again, m'friend. :rolleyes:

It is a really nice bike and I would like to keep that way. My last motorcycle was washed 4 times in three years. It is a bad habit considering my Harley friends wash there bike almost every time they ride.

Hey, Alex ...

It is a really nice bike and I would like to keep that way. My last motorcycle was washed 4 times in three years. It is a bad habit considering my Harley friends wash there bike almost every time they ride.
BTW, the BOM works on EVERYTHING ! Use it on the windscreen (keeps bugs from sticking), paint, Tupperware, vinyl saddles, rubber, chrome .... EVERYTHING! I lilke it a great deal. And, it's the EZiest on/off of anything. And, no white residue. Check it out. :yahoo:

I don't like washing bikes either. I find that either before or just after a ride, if I spend 10 minutes with some Windex/H20 mix with a microfiber clothe and follow with BOM .... it's good to go. Ten minutes !

The only time my bike gets wet is if I get caught in rain. I've never used water to clean my bike. I only use Honda Spray Cleaner/Wax and Plexus. Bike still looks brand new.

I've been using a product from Motul that is called simply " Wash & Wax " i believe. It's supposed to be the same principle as Plexus and works really well. I use it and Kleenex paper towels to wipe it off with. They are almost like a microfiber towel they are so soft.