Clutch fluid replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgapro78

Reaction score
What are the steps needed to change the clutch fluid? 2008 FJR clutch is on the left side of the steering column and just curious what you do to bleed the system. New to the FJR

Having tried two dif hand vacs from local auto suppliers that were junk and returned, I will get the mity vac. How many turns with 8mm wrench is necessary to open the bleeder valve?

Make sure you check the bottom of the reservoir as a substance similar to mud can accumalate. If found, better to just go ahead and clean and flush. PM. <>< ;)

I'm a fan of Prestone DOT 4 from most any auto parts store

41PpUXU4kgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Having tried two dif hand vacs from local auto suppliers that were junk and returned, I will get the mity vac. How many turns with 8mm wrench is necessary to open the bleeder valve?
No, the mityvac is a piece of crap too. Don't waste your money on that either. You just need to crack the bleeder for fluid to come out, maybe a quarter-turn.

No, the mityvac is a piece of crap too. Don't waste your money on that either. You just need to crack the bleeder for fluid to come out, maybe a quarter-turn.
That all depends on whether you get the plastic or metal MityVac. I've had my metal MityVac for about 15 years,and it still works just fine. YMMV.

Mike