CO adjustment/ECU

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcat

Reaction score
My 07 model FJR had the ECU unit replaced under the altitude recall thing.

My question is should the CO settings (that you can see after making the Barbarian mod) have also been changed. The standard settings still show 5,18,18,21 which I know is consistent across all 07 models but with this new ECU should the standard setting now be different because the 08 models have CO settings of 10,10,10,10 according to others on the forum? I have a little bit of lean surging but before tweaking the CO levels I would like to know if they are correct at their base settings already?

Hopefully some knowledgable people out there can help me, thanks.

My 07 model FJR had the ECU unit replaced under the altitude recall thing.
My question is should the CO settings (that you can see after making the Barbarian mod) have also been changed. The standard settings still show 5,18,18,21 which I know is consistent across all 07 models but with this new ECU should the standard setting now be different because the 08 models have CO settings of 10,10,10,10 according to others on the forum? I have a little bit of lean surging but before tweaking the CO levels I would like to know if they are correct at their base settings already?

Hopefully some knowledgable people out there can help me, thanks.
I just did this mode to my bike and Wow! What a difference. It does help alot with the lean issues and small throttle inputs. I had my ECU replaced with newer version and my CO settings were the same as yours. So increased them all by 7 points like the write up recommended.

Eric

The ECU replaced under warranty only fixes the high altitude problem. It does not change the CO settings. Those setting are set lean for EPA compliance. You still have to do the BJM and CO adjustment.

I wrote up directions for doing this, with pictures, that is posted in the Gen II Bin-o-Facts. Find it in the FAQ section of this forum. Scroll down to Farkles and Mods and you will find a link to a two-page set of directions on how to do the BJM and CO mod.

Jon