Cockpit Covers with no top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley

Reaction score
Hi all. I looked through the threads and read some great stuff on the geezer cover but I'm too young for one of those and they cost too much.

I was looking at the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 half cover and the Covermax Half cover from NewEnough.com (they rock) I've seen that ya'll like em both. The pix I've seen of the Nelson Rigg cover are all on bike with top cases so they have the XL. If you don't have a top case do you get a size L? Anybody have pix of either cover on a bike with no top case?

I have the UV2000 in XL and used it with the Gerauld rack on the back before adding the Pelican case . . . .

(And I thought this was going to be about a string bikini bottom !)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradley,

Even though you don't have a top case now, if you keep the bike long, you will eventually have a top case. Get the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 XL, you can't go wrong with it. It fits fine with or without the top box.

V.

Bradley,
Even though you don't have a top case now, if you keep the bike long, you will eventually have a top case. Get the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 XL, you can't go wrong with it. It fits fine with or without the top box.

V.
See...I want the Garauld Rack at some point, but...I honestly don't like top cases. I guess it just goes to say that I prefer topless but I'm a fan of a nice rack? :clapping:

Oh...for the record...Lucky, my FJR, is in a garage when he's at home. The only reason I'm thinking of getting a half cover is for days like we had here in VA last week where it poured. I used to park in a garage at work but now it's out in the elements all day. I have this fear of a seriously rainy day where it's been outside all day and I go to get on and a gremlin attacked it and told it not to start.

Latest posts