Cold Weather Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
Anyone ride with the compression/fitted under garments made by Under Armor, Nike, etc? If so, how effective was the clothing to keeping you warm? They make the typical compression stuff but also the cold weather stuff, is there much of a difference? The stuff ain't cheap.

A lot of riders swear by the gear from LDComfort. It is more expensive than even UA and Nike gear, but I've used the same pair of LDComfort shorts for over 50,000 miles, and they're still going strong. On long, multi-day trips, you can wash them in motel sink with one of those individual packets of Woolite, rinse them out, and hang them up overnight, and they'll be dry and ready for use first thing in the morning.

Another satisfied LDComfort user, they make a great base layer for winter. For summer use, the material can be wet down and is a very efficient evaporative cooler when used with vented gear. Based on last summers experience after WFO, my cooling vest is no longer needed. YMMV

--G

I have Under Armour and it's great so far. Don't know about their Cold Weather stuff, but for me the normal stuff seems good enough for any weather I'l be riding in (above freezing.)

I've got a two layer silk/merino wool base layer from Terramar that's been working for me.Comfortable and warm.

I've also read some good stuff about goathletic's sub zero base layer on another motorcycle forum.Goathletic is made in Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator:
LD Comfort here. Tried others, but none were even close for running in cold AND hot weather.