Color matched footguards for the '06 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I just ordered some color matched footguards for my '06 from Freedom Cycle when I was in Halifax NS but the only pics I had to work with were in the accessory catalog. Does anybody have these installed and if so can you post a few pics? Just curious how they are installed also. Any drilling of the body panels involved?

I just ordered some color matched footguards for my '06 from Freedom Cycle when I was in Halifax NS but the only pics I had to work with were in the accessory catalog. Does anybody have these installed and if so can you post a few pics? Just curious how they are installed also. Any drilling of the body panels involved?
Are these the ones?

If so, NovaFlyer looks to be your man

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Axe.

No drilling required. You will have to remove the lower fairing covers to get access to the hidden mounting holes that the factory has pre-installed already in our lower fairings. They go on with screws and are a piece of cake to install ... Hardest part is getting the Tupperware on and off ( Freekin' hate doing that :glare: )

If you want any more pics from what pawtracks linked you to, just let me know.

Thanks Pawtracks, thats exactly what I was looking for. I actually went to Freedom Cycle on Novaflyers recommendation but didn't realize he had previously posted pics of the guards....thanks for the link.