Coments on new Cee Baily

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojanman

Reaction score
First off the great winshield debate is very confusing at best, everyone is different in riding position and size and whatever else. So I had a very difficult time sorting it all out. A fellow member posted the fact that Cee Baily sells seconds on ebay so I took a look. The shiel I wanted was about 200.00 its a 2+2 with flip, they sell it on ebay for 80.00 shipped. Now the tint is light blue and that scared me some but it looks great can hardly notice it at all maybe like a windshield on a car. The windshiel itself is flawless as best I can tell and it works for me perfect. All the way down you get air and my ride home last night in thirty something weather all the way up keeps wind off all together also quiet. I like. By the way I know some say it does not help at all but I used this in my research my size is 68 inches with a 30 inch inseam.

Thanks

First off the great winshield debate is very confusing at best, everyone is different in riding position and size and whatever else. So I had a very difficult time sorting it all out. A fellow member posted the fact that Cee Baily sells seconds on ebay so I took a look. The shiel I wanted was about 200.00 its a 2+2 with flip, they sell it on ebay for 80.00 shipped. Now the tint is light blue and that scared me some but it looks great can hardly notice it at all maybe like a windshield on a car. The windshiel itself is flawless as best I can tell and it works for me perfect. All the way down you get air and my ride home last night in thirty something weather all the way up keeps wind off all together also quiet. I like. By the way I know some say it does not help at all but I used this in my research my size is 68 inches with a 30 inch inseam.Thanks
needpics.gif

Seriously, though thanks for the info, but any chance of some pics of the screen on the bike and you on the bike with the screen in all the way down, mid and all the way up positions - thanks?

having been a windshield whore at one time or another,I found out this much,if you ask any 10 or 20 or 100 people up and ask them a question,about anything, you will get 100 different opinions on whats best.as to the shield,on my honda st1300,I had four different shields before i found the one that worked for me,iy was an aeroflo shield that looked really wierd ,but worked great. now that I own an 09 fjr,I have had three shields and still cant find the right one,wanted a aeroflo,but they dont make one for my fjr,crap !!!!!so i settled on a cee baliey 2+2 with a fflip,it works but I think I need a 6+6.because we are all different nothing works for every one,most riders think the stock seat ,bars,shield work just fine,do what I did, live with it or keep buying till you find the right one and sell the others on ebay,I hope some of this was helpful,this is a great site and I got a lot of good info from the people on it

having been a windshield whore at one time or another,I found out this much,if you ask any 10 or 20 or 100 people up and ask them a question,about anything, you will get 100 different opinions on whats best.as to the shield
I know what you mean. I tried a +4+2, but it wasn't quite right. I tried cutting a 1/2" off each dimension but the +3.5+1.5 didn't work. And I don't think my Sawsall was precise enough.

So, I started anew and found that 0.26 inches on the height with a CNC mill and 0.14 on the left half while 0.15 heavy on the right (the bike isn't symmetric you know) was the best fit for me. Lapping the sides with 2000 grit wet sandpaper helped finish things off.

Then I got a new jacket with higher shoulders and had to get a third windshield....but that's another story.

I won't even go into what happens in hot days with how those things change shape by a full 0.05 inches depending on tint variations from the factory. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean. I tried a +4+2, but it wasn't quite right. I tried cutting a 1/2" off each dimension but the +3.5+1.5 didn't work. And I don't think my Sawsall was precise enough.
So, I started anew and found that 0.26 inches on the height with a CNC mill and 0.14 on the left half while 0.15 heavy on the right (the bike isn't symmetric you know) was the best fit for me. Lapping the sides with 2000 grit wet sandpaper helped finish things off.

Then I got a new jacket with higher shoulders and had to get a third windshield....but that's another story.

I won't even go into what happens in hot days with how those things change shape by a full 0.05 inches depending on tint variations from the factory. ;)
Quite amazing

....that we had the exact same experience. Perhaps there's others out there as well.

And all this time we've been told that the perfect shield is a very personal endeavor. What a bunch of crap that advice is.

Contrary to what your mama told you as a kid ...you're not special, truth is you're just like all the rest. What works for one will work for all.

Quite amazing....that we had the exact same experience. Perhaps there's others out there as well.

And all this time we've been told that the perfect shield is a very personal endeavor. What a bunch of crap that advice is.

Contrary to what your mama told you as a kid ...you're not special, truth is you're just like all the rest. What works for one will work for all.
....that we were told the exact same thing by our mothers is even more disturbing. Could it be that we were both the product of the same hippie commune in Denio in the early 70's and we've mentally replaced the experience with fake crushes on Marsha? Could it be that fate has led us to the same motorcycle, same forum, same windshield, the same dimensions.........and the same inexorable conclusion about life philosophy?

The mind boggles.

RJ.....are we long lost twin brothers and need to confront our mother(s) about this? Sue's going to be seriously confused by this startling discovery. :blink: