Complete Exhaust & Power Commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex-Gerrit

Reaction score
I need some advice. I have a 2004 FJR. I am getting excessive heat on my feet, from the area of the catalytic converter. Question number one, will a 4 into 2 header system help alleviate this heat issue. I am currently looking at the Hole Shot exhaust system. Question number 2 is, I obviously would need a power commander, to reprogram the bikes computer. Does anyone have recommendations on one particular brand vs. another?

I need some advice. I have a 2004 FJR. I am getting excessive heat on my feet, from the area of the catalytic converter. Question number one, will a 4 into 2 header system help alleviate this heat issue. I am currently looking at the Hole Shot exhaust system. Question number 2 is, I obviously would need a power commander, to reprogram the bikes computer. Does anyone have recommendations on one particular brand vs. another?
My '03 has Dale Walker slip-ons with stock headers, and feet is not where I have a heat issue. No electronics change, yet, although I have a Power Commander ready to go on, but it rained today.

And Power Commander is the brand name. (OK, it's a product name, trademark, whatever, but anyplace you see Power Commander mentioned, this is the box they mean.)

There's one called Techlusion which is significantly cheaper, and I'm sure there's a reason. You have no computer interface with it, you adjust the settings yourself with potentiometers in the box, labelled with a carburetor analogy of jets and accelerator pumps. They call it an advantage because you don't need a computer or downloaded maps, but I would imagine that it makes settings hard to duplicate or return to. And if you never played with carburetors, how do you know what to try?

They have an FJR1300 model, and they have a sub-forum in their support forums for FJR1300. There are no posts in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: