Connecting a HD Electric Vest to my 2009 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My old bike was a Road King and I have an HD electric jacket liner. The vest conenction is a single male connection point. I would like to find an adapter that will permit me to connect the vest to the power outlet on the FJR (or the battery tender pig tail if need be).

I found something that looks like it should work but it requires a "BMW Plug." The product states that it will not work with a regular cigarette lighter.

This is what the site says:

https://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-bmwpacc.html

"BMW Plug to Coax Jack Adapter

Ordering

Code: WG-BMWPACC

Price: $14.95

BMW Accessory Plug

Provides a direct connection from your heated garments to the accessory port, such as on a BMW motorcycle.

This plug does NOT work a standard cigarette lighter outlet.

Technical Specifications:

BMW Style Plug made by Hella of Germany. With 18 inch of 16 AWG wire to a Coax Jack. The BMW Plug is filled with Hot Glue to keep the wires from coming out and to make it waterproof. Plastic end cap not included, as in photo.

All WarmGear™ Heated Clothing, connectors and accessories are fully compatible with Heat-Troller, Warm & Safe, Harley-Davidson, and Gerbing Heated Clothing, coax connectors and accessories"

Do you think this adaptor will work with the stock FJR power outlet?

EDITED TO ADD: Looks like Tourmaster has a similar accessory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think this adapter will work with the stock FJR power outlet?
EDITED TO ADD: Looks like Tourmaster has a similar accessory.
Nope, too much amperage for it (assuming you're talking about the plug in the glovebox). FYI, unless they've changed in the last couple of years, the H-D heated gear is made by Gerbing. You can get the cord you want, that goes direct to your battery, right from Gerbing. Or your local H-D shop may have them, too. LINK TO GERBING PARTS. Look for the battery harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention that the FJR produces metric voltage. That HD vest won't know what to do with it.

My brother used to have a HD vest also. It caused his bike to stop at every bar along the way. :rolleyes: