Coocase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
Pic below is an adapter for a Coocase to fit on a Givi mount.

9606-425x350.jpg

Is there any reason why it wouldn't fit on a Premier Cycle FJR/GIVI Replacement Rack found here.....https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/FJR_GIVI_Replacement_Rack_p/gv-pca-rack.htm? Twistedthrottle sent me an e-mail stating that it wouldn't fit but I don't think they are familiar with Premier Cycles products. Premier's rack is much sturdier than the plastic Givi one that twistedthrottle sells. Wife will be using it as a back rest so want something that will be stronger than plastic. Anyone have any experience with the Givi racks strength? Maybe I'm overthinking this.

I guess Coocase doesn't want me to buy one of their cases because they will not answer my e-mails

Pic below is an adapter for a Coocase to fit on a Givi mount.
9606-425x350.jpg

Is there any reason why it wouldn't fit on a Premier Cycle FJR/GIVI Replacement Rack found here.....https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/FJR_GIVI_Replacement_Rack_p/gv-pca-rack.htm? Twistedthrottle sent me an e-mail stating that it wouldn't fit but I don't think they are familiar with Premier Cycles products. Premier's rack is much sturdier than the plastic Givi one that twistedthrottle sells. Wife will be using it as a back rest so want something that will be stronger than plastic. Anyone have any experience with the Givi racks strength? Maybe I'm overthinking this.

I guess Coocase doesn't want me to buy one of their cases because they will not answer my e-mails

I believe you may be over thinking it.

If your wife is leaning against the backrest on the top case she's leaning against plastic no matter what it's sitting on.

I looked at several top case racks before choosing the Givi SR357. It uses 5 bolts to the subframe whereas many others only use 3. I believe that is the case with the Premier rack as well as Givi's own E228.

The plastic on the Givi rack is the plate between the rack and the top case and it is much stronger than the top case material.

Givi rates their 5 bolt SR357 for 10kg and their 3 bolt E228 for 6kg.

I am well satisfied with the Givi rack but I am sure there are other opinions out there.

You might want to find someone in your area with the racks you are interested in so you can see them in person.

Good luck and happy riding.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Premier Cycle replacement rack is that it allows for 1-1/2” of forward and aft adjustment of the top case for maximum passenger comfort. We are average size but the wife and I want as much wiggle room as possible.