Cool toolset

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Came across a mention of this awesome toolset in an old posting and ended up buying it. I wanted a handy toolset that I could take along for longer rides in case I needed it, and after visiting Sears to price out various separates, this struck me as a good deal at $60:

PROX_23070_400.jpg

Quality is excellent. These are german made, and at least on par with Craftsmen (methinks the ratchet mechanism is much better). Here is what is in the 36 pc. kit: Sockets from 4 - 13 mm, flat head bit, Philips bit, Torx and Allen (hex) sockets. Five Allen keys 1.25 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 2.5 and 3 mm. Except for the big sockets over 17MM and the square bit needed for the front/rear tire (you can buy this separately elsewhere), the kit has all the essential basics for on-road stuff (you would need to add better pliers/cutters, and a vice grip).

Plus, they come in a reasonably compact steel toolcase. The dealer is working with another supplier on a companion tool apron to offer.

For those in the PNW/Seattle area, the dealer is located in Lynwood and lets you pick up locally.