Cops & Judges Caught Using Secret Codes On Tickets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesniffer

Reaction score
found on Alex Jones website

wonder if this happens in other jurisdictions/states?

sorry couldn't get the clicky feature working

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens but our Judge doesn't see them. The notes are not for the Judge. Just a reminder for the officer. You cannot remember all the tickets you write. Same person that was a jerk to you on scene with later ask you to drop the matter or for some "help". Example, I write you a ticket for no proof of insurance. When it comes to court I can let it go if you show me you did indeed have insurance at the time or I can take it to trial and you will be guilty because you did not show me any proof of insurance at the time like you were supposed to even if you did have it, you are required to produce it then. You treat me poorly, bring me into court on my day off, then expect a favor??

My disclaimer here is I have put maybe 2 marks on tickets over my whole career. Most people treat me well and I do the same to them. The mark would be allot less obvious then what they are using too...

There is a spot for notes on our tickets and I use it regularly.

I usually wrote my note on the back of the $20 bill that I attached to the ticket for the judge to read.

Seemed to work pretty well for me.

B)

It happens but our Judge doesn't see them. The notes are not for the Judge. Just a reminder for the officer. You cannot remember all the tickets you write. Same person that was a jerk to you on scene with later ask you to drop the matter or for some "help". Example, I write you a ticket for no proof of insurance. When it comes to court I can let it go if you show me you did indeed have insurance at the time or I can take it to trial and you will be guilty because you did not show me any proof of insurance at the time like you were supposed to even if you did have it, you are required to produce it then. You treat me poorly, bring me into court on my day off, then expect a favor??
My disclaimer here is I have put maybe 2 marks on tickets over my whole career. Most people treat me well and I do the same to them. The mark would be allot less obvious then what they are using too...

There is a spot for notes on our tickets and I use it regularly.
cool thanx

I always think to myself I do not know what kind of day the officer has had and I give him the benefit of the doubt

I always treat the officer with respect...yes sir, no sir...and probably ask if it can be a warning or what circumstances were happening...

I remember the jerks who I assumed were having a bad day, or I was blatantly breaking the law for little reason

I also remember the dunderhead doing the "speed limit", but missing the school zone sign or what time it is, and getting pulled by a radar gun. Again, I treated the officer very well and knew I screwed up, even if unknowingly.

This guy thanked me for being polite and cooperative and asked me to drive safe.

I always wish any officer in any mood to be careful out there and be safe.

I know I would suck at law enforcement, and I support all first responsers for the job they do.

And living in New Orleans, especially in the 70's and 80's, law enforcement left much to be desired.

LE makes notes on the back of most traffic citations to refresh their memories so that, in the case where the matter goes to trial, they can provide coherent testimony. You have the right to see those notes in advance. I always file a discovery motion for those notes. If the discovery is not met, I request a dismissal at trial. Filing a discovery motion for those notes serves another purpose. It demonstrates to the officer that you won't go down easy and his time might be better spent somewhere other than court. If he does not show up, you win by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
......I always file a discovery motion for those notes. If the discovery is not met, I request a dismissal at trial. ...............
hmmm, interesting. What is involved in filing a discovery motion??

OH, and I forgot to say:

I hate the fuzz.