Corbin Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ock913

Reaction score
I got my new Corbin newsletter today and it announced the availability of a new 2 piece seat design and that the Smuggler Trunk is being worked on. I know this has been discussed before, but I got it in writing from Corbin.

Awesome! Like the looks of the Smuggler. I had a contact @ Corbin, emailed him. I asked for a status for the Smuggler in terms of time. Also asked about a possible group buy price. Awaiting a response.

B)

I've also e-mailed them about buying one of the Smuggler trunks.

It'll be interesting to see how long it really takes, since they always say "in a couple of weeks, " but if it comes out before Biketoberfest, that'll be good enough, since they'll have them at the store.

Although if they agree to a group buy it would really be nice...let's hope.

Anyone have a gauge as to how many of us would be interested?

:rolleyes:

<_<

I took a good look at the version of the Smuggler trunk for the ST1300. As usuallly befits Corbin products, it is a quality product. The inside has a real nice felt-like liner and seems cavernous. It also has a locking, push button type latch on the top and solid hinges. The whole thing seems very solid and very nice.

Unfortunately, it is also a very expensive $500. So, a group buy would be helpful.

I don't know how many modifications (seat hardware) it will need for the FJR, but if you're going to swap between both the trunk and the rear seat, depending on circumstance, I believe it may require buying extra hardware.

:rolleyes:

I have seen the st1300 and one for a beemer, since I do not have a rear trunk would love to see something that looks more like the beemer version.

Yes I would also be interested in the group buy thing!

No reply from Corbin today, I'll try for a phone call tomorrow or Wednesday to maybe lay the groundwork for a Group Buy.

Thank you for taking it upon yourself to do this. I appreciate it. Anyone of us could deal with Corbin on this, so if you need help let me know.

IMHO: I think that if you're going to talk to them about a group buy, they're probably going to want to know what kind of numbers you're talking about. Maybe we should survey the group here and at FJROwners (?).

Just a thought.

B)

I would be interested in the Corbin trunk. I take it Corbin is "out of the woods" on their financial/legal problems? It was recommended on an internet site (the name of which I cannot recall) that one should be cautious about ordering anything from Corbin.

FYI

From the Corbin e-newsletter 8/26/05:

AVAILABLE

Yamaha FJR 1300 2-Piece seat

* STILL IN THE LAB

(in the works and expected over the next few weeks:)

Yamaha FJR 1300 Smuggler Trunk

CAN'T WAIT!

:dribble: