Corbin compared to Stocker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonG

Reaction score
When shopping for seats, I found no good side-by-side comparison pics of the Corbin and the stock seat. I received my new Corbin today. So I took some pics...I used a cheapy camera, so pics aren't really "good", but maybe good enough! I ordered the seat with stitching, which I did not receive; I guess it's not a deal breaker. And the rear seat will not latch without about 3/16" thick washers between the pan and the bracket that catches the latch; it will not just "adjust" to fit. Hopefully, it's comfortable...

Comparison pics (sorry for bad quality)

Corbin002.jpg

Corbin003.jpg

Corbin008.jpg

Corbin007.jpg

You will notice the difference. The lack of stitch running along the inside and underside of your thigh makes a huge difference over 200 miles. I ride with a custom (made for extra tall) Corbin and I love it. I know I'd love a Russell or some other high dollar saddle, but I'm cheap and this was so much of an improvement, I'm happy. Still looks like a mc seat, too, and not something that belongs on a tractor.

Piggo

I just returned from an hour-long ride. It's definitely better than the stock seat. On the stocker, after about an hour my sitting area would start getting really uncomfortable; that did not happen tonight.

I just returned from an hour-long ride. It's definitely better than the stock seat. On the stocker, after about an hour my sitting area would start getting really uncomfortable; that did not happen tonight.
Is the Corbin better for a short ass with short legs ?

I'm definitely closer to the ground. With the stocker I couldn't get both feet flat on the ground; with the Corbin I can. Actually, that was the strangest thing about the first ride with the Corbin---adjusting to being lower on the bike.

When shopping for seats, I found no good side-by-side comparison pics of the Corbin and the stock seat. I received my new Corbin today. So I took some pics...I used a cheapy camera, so pics aren't really "good", but maybe good enough! I ordered the seat with stitching, which I did not receive; I guess it's not a deal breaker. And the rear seat will not latch without about 3/16" thick washers between the pan and the bracket that catches the latch; it will not just "adjust" to fit. Hopefully, it's comfortable...
]
When I ordered my Corbin ,,, I thought I ordered it with a welt ,, When I got the order conformation it said "No Welt"

I called,, and the guy said he thought it looked better with No Welt..

It was also suppose to take 4 to 6 weeks to make a ship the seat... They shipped it in a week ...

I figure they just shipped what they had in stock....

Which is a little upsetting ,,rather than making what I ordered...

I think having / given the choice :, do you want the seat in a week without the welt which we have in stock ,,,

or do you want to wait 4 to 6 week for the welt ,,would have been more appropriate...

the welt wasn't a deal breaker either,,, my buddy has the welt ,,, the seats looks nice either way,,,

I did get the stitching ,,, I like the seat ,, looks good ,,,comfortable... it's a little closer to the ground for

for us short legged individuals...

My Corbin was Really hard to get latched the first few times on the bike,,,, buddy had same problem ,,,

after a few months it's much better ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the heated option for which the stitching is required. I have come to believe it is the stiching makes this seat the least comfortable Corbin I have owned. It's not an issue while using cold weather riding pants though. That said, the heat is really nice when the temps drop. I use the stock seat commuting over the summer and put on the Corbin for long trips.

By the way, if you reinstall the stock seat without the plastic height adjuster (which you remove to intall the Corbin anyway) the stocker is lower than the Corbin.

I have ridden over 120,000 miles on Corbin seats (80,000 on GL1800 and 42,000 on FJR)!

I really like them - the only problem people have with them is if they believe Corbin that they are going to "soften" up... A Corbin seat is like a very stiff horse saddle. If you don't like that, you will NOT like a Corbin after a few hours riding!

I am going to look into getting one when I get back for my new bike!

Happy 4th!

Shane

...When I ordered my Corbin ,,, I thought I ordered it with a welt ,, When I got the order conformation it said "No Welt" I called,, and the guy said he thought it looked better with No Welt...
My conformation does read "With Stitch"; but from reports I'm reading here, it may be better that it doesn't have stitching.

I should have enough time on it before fall to determine if I need a Russell, or not.