• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Corbin custom leather seat for '06-'12 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granger

Reaction score
This listing is for a lightly used Corbin custom seat set for 2006-2012 Yamaha FJR1300 model. A huge improvement over the stock seat on the FJR, the Corbin seat kit uses a high density memory foam with slight cupped design to support the riders' weight across the entire width of the body. Both seats have a neutralized seating position to minimize sliding forward under hard braking, and the front also provides a lower height (approximately 29") under stock, making it much easier reach to the ground when stopped.

This kit makes use of your stock seat-locking system to keep everything in place and the rear seat comes equipped with a backrest socket to accept any Corbin backrest (backrest sold separately). When you install this, you REMOVE the white plastic slider that changes seat height, it is not used.

The two seats in this kit have black leather surface panels (tops), matching high-quality black vinyl side panels (as recommended by Corbin), black stylized surface stitching, and no welt (trim piping) for a clean look that will go with any paint scheme. This seat set looks exactly as in the pictures I am providing of my FJR with the seats.

This was a Christmas gift, I've really enjoyed them for the past three months of early season riding, especially compared to the stock "slab" seats, but I've found another custom seat type that fits my fat ass better, so I am letting the Corbin go.

email me at [email protected] for pictures.

$500 via Paypal and Ground shipping (from Boston, MA area) is free, which is less than we paid.

Ask me any questions.

If its a custom seat and not just their regular standard seats they sell and was made for your exact height and weight you will want to post up your weight, and inseam so similarly sized folks can compare. I purchased a nice used corbin seat set on here for $250 awhile back and it was decent, but I don't think it was a truly custom seat, just the standard one they sell. Considering a russel day long and other similar seat will run you $650, plus your seat pan, and a few months of building time this seems like a good deal if it matches your weight/height.

Responded with pictures to all inquiries.

Answer to questions:

Bike and seat are garage-kept, out of sun and only used for 2+ months on weekends for limited rides since the install.

I am 5'9" with inseam of 30+". Using the Corbin I can put my feet flat on the ground at stops.

The Corbin front seat is wider at the back than stock with a carved out center.

The front & back custom fit each other so they cannot be separated, so No, sorry, I cannot just sell you the front seat. Corbin fronts do not fit with Yamaha stock rear seats.

I find the Corbin cooler than my stock seat for long rides. I think it's the type of leather and the small perforations they put in versus the Yamaha "slab".

Don't like the price? Make me an offer.

I've already installed the replacement custom seat and its a better fit. The Corbin will go, it's just a matter of time and money. :)