Corbin Modular Front Seat - 2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostman

Reaction score
Corbin is selling a leather front seat from it's modular line that claims a drop in saddle height of 2-1/2 inches.

I would like the drop but also want to keep the comfort level acceptable for 500+ mile days.

Is anybody running this and what is the experience? :big_boss:

DUDE! As soon as I read you're post I went to Corban! Guess what I'm still trying to get there damn website to upload as I'm writing this. I did make it to the FJR section, but they give no pics and really don't say much about it. I even tried to order it to see if there was any more info, and there is no place to "select" it.... Still searching for modular seat. Damn there site. I'll post again if/when I find out any more info...

Josh

DUDE! As soon as I read you're post I went to Corban! Guess what I'm still trying to get there damn website to upload as I'm writing this. I did make it to the FJR section, but they give no pics and really don't say much about it. I even tried to order it to see if there was any more info, and there is no place to "select" it.... Still searching for modular seat. Damn there site. I'll post again if/when I find out any more info...
Josh
Uh, they have tons of pics. You went to www.corbin.com, right? And you have flash installed?

https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfjr1306.shtml

I have the Corbin "front" seat , and I find it quite comfy, but I will tell you right now they only drop the seat height about 3/4 of an inch. You can, I believe contact them and they can cut one a little more narrow, which will not change the height, but will change the angle your legs can go toward the ground. I have a 30 inch inseam and can get both feet on the ground with just the back of my heals barely touching. (Add a passenger and I can push with my heals)

Corbin seats are a love hate thing however, meaning you will either love the seat , or hate it.

KM

The Corbin I have Definitely lowered the seat height. I now can put both feet flat footed on the ground. Before (stock seat) I was tiptoeing both feet. I like it! :yahoo:

Corbin is selling a leather front seat from it's modular line that claims a drop in saddle height of 2-1/2 inches.
I would like the drop but also want to keep the comfort level acceptable for 500+ mile days.

Got my new FJR corbin a few weeks ago ,,, It's still cold here so I've only got a few hundred miles on it...

It feels a "little" lower than the stock seat ,, But Not 2 1/2 inches ... ,,, I thought I read some where it was

1/2 inch lower ,, which sounds about right ,,

My trip to Phoenix & back a couple years ago ,,,, I averaged 525 miles a day on my Corbin / Kaw. Concours ...

This is my 5th corbin ,,, guess I'm in I love them group.....

I'm the opposite I guess... I don't want a seat that is lowered (stock is fine by me). But I like the looks of the Corbin and thought, well, I'll just move it up to the higher seat position the FJR allows and be fine. Uh... not so fast:

From the Corbin website:

[SIZE=12pt]We built this model as low as possible to provide the best ground reach. Because of this, we have not integrated the adjustable height function of the seat and eliminated the plastic mounting plate. This enabled us to provide a better fit to the bike and perfected ergos. [/SIZE]

oh well

:(

I went to Corbin to have a front seat put on and was surprised that it wasn't much shorter than my stock seat. When I asked the guy if he could tweak it lower his response was between the shell and the way the frame is that it was as low as it could go. Basically I thought by going to them I would be getting a totally custom seat but instead I got an almost off the shelf one. It is shaped different and it is probably more comfortable than the stock but as I knew going in, it wouldn't be an all day saddle. That aside I got what I paid for.