Corbin News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahlr

Reaction score
I checked Corbin's site today, and saw they have a new seat for the FJR. It is the 2 piece design that can be ordered with or w/o heat in the front or rear. In the copy, they also indicate that the Smuggler will be available soon. I again emailed about a pre-production price or group buy. The new seat looks more well designed than the Corbin/Yamaha seat.

Does anyone have any experience with other heated Corbin seats? Do they come with a cig plug on them? Hard wire? Some other electrical gadgetry? Just curious how you go about hooking them to the juice.

What's up with that big seam lookin' thing across the middle of the front seat? The one on my Corbin tears me up after about an hour. I think I'll be shopping elsewhere for a comfortable saddle.

My brother has a BMW with a corbin with heat. He says every time he turns the heat on, he has to stop and poop!!! :eek: :bigeyes: Then again, it might be the BMW!!! :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
$269 for just the front or back with no heat...that's $640 total.

$399 for each with heat...that's $800 total. :eek:

You've gotta be kidding me. Inflation, or what. That is in the price of a Russell Day Long, which is a real custom seat.

No fricken way!

Plus it looks like the discontinued the Canyon and renamed the Canyon Close to Canyon Sport...then, raised the price on that too.

$269 for just the front or back with no heat...that's $640 total.
$399 for each with heat...that's $800 total.  :eek:

You've gotta be kidding me.  Inflation, or what.  That is in the price of a Russell Day Long, which is a real custom seat. 

No fricken way!

Plus it looks like the discontinued the Canyon and renamed the Canyon Close to Canyon Sport...then, raised the price on that too.
It's the price of vinyl. You need oil to make it, so blame Bush. :rolleyes: :D

I received an email from Corbin. The guy indicated that the Smuggler was about 2 weeks from production. He did not comment on the request regarding a preproduction price or group buy. I'll keep everyone posted. :blink: