Corbin Seat Wearing Through

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I put a Corbin seat on my FJR shortly after taking possession of the bike. That was about 16K miles ago now. What I am having a problem with is that I am wearing through the leather at the front of the seat, and starting down the sides along the front. I can only assume that this wear is from my Aerostich suit rubbing against certain areas as I ride. While I am not a small guy (5'9" - 210 lbs) I don't feel like I am squished into the seat to the point that I should be wearing through it.

Anyone else have problems with the leather on their Corbin seat wearing through?

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a Corbin seat on my FJR shortly after taking possession of the bike. That was about 16K miles ago now. What I am having a problem with is that I am wearing through the leather at the front of the seat, and starting down the sides along the front. I can only assume that this wear is from my Aerostich suit rubbing against certain areas as I ride. While I am not a small guy (5'9" - 210 lbs) I don't feel like I am squished into the seat to the point that I should be wearing through it.
Anyone else have problems with the leather on their Corbin seat wearing through?

What to you got, a 9iron in your chaps? What exactly do you do on that bike? :unsure:

Sorry, hope I didn't put too much salt in the wound but couldn't resist. I rode a Corbin Gunfighter for 11 years and never had a problem. My guess would be the suit.

TriggerT,

Come on man, your not a noob anymore!! When you have a problem with something you post up how freakin bad the issue is and how pissed it makes you! Then and only then do you contact the manufacturer and try to resolve the issue. Then return to the same bashing thread and discuss at length how great Corbin is!!

Consider this a warning, next time were taking away your damn knitting kneedles and supplies!! ;)

JW

Yep Ol' J W oughta know. We took his last year an he's still pissin over it.

I think crocheting is his new vice though :lol:

:jester:

This sounds to me like a serious case of excessive testicular perspiration. Known to cause cancer in laboratory animals in the State of California, so will easily destroy leather. I would have the seat redone in vinyl. Oh, and I suggest generous use of Gold Bond medicated powder.

Seriously, does this problem exist with vinyl?

Thanks guys. Glad I asked.

I thought it was from humping the poodle I have duct taped to the gas tank, but figured that probably wasn't it. Besides, I wont give up muffers no matter what!

Thanks guys. Glad I asked.
I thought it was from humping the poodle I have duct taped to the gas tank, but figured that probably wasn't it. Besides, I wont give up muffers no matter what!
Come on man, do give up that easy!! :angry: Come on boyz, let's head over to the self inflicted dogpile thread by Huckle Berry Honda Dude!!

JW

Yeah, we'll pick up our sticks and go beat up somebody else.

Poodle humper.

I still say go with vinyl. There are many variables that can cause the destruction of leather. Things like rain, material in contact, yes, sweat, and lots and lots of stuff. The synthetic materials are able to retain their original appearance longer.

Either that, or the poodle needs her nails trimmed.

I still say go with vinyl. There are many variables that can cause the destruction of leather. Things like rain, material in contact, yes, sweat, and lots and lots of stuff. The synthetic materials are able to retain their original appearance longer.
I say A BIG set of FUZZY BALLS to this. 12 years upholstering boats prove vinyl works better. Oh an ya don't wanna know where Scabys scab is... belive me :blink:

:jester:

I know it's friday, but we need to cut TriggerT some slack here. He's got a new baby in the house and sleep depredation can be a horrible thing to deal with. :dribble:

We should call this thread, "rough nut syndrome".

Well, Hell, read the quote below. Maybe my seat will be eroded away.

Last edited by a moderator:
My vinyl Corbin gave up the ghost on the outer edges after 3 years.

The current owner of the bike has let it go farther, now the foam be showing so off to Corbin for a friendly $$ phooking he goes..