Corbin seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I'm about to order a Corbin seat, I recieved many swatches from them, I wanted something different besides black. I have a 07 ae which is Cerulean silver. Does anyone have pics with different leather colors other than black? I'm thinking of going with gray carbon fiber look, but I don't want to order it and then be sorry.

I'm about to order a Corbin seat, I recieved many swatches from them, I wanted something different besides black. I have a 07 ae which is Cerulean silver. Does anyone have pics with different leather colors other than black? I'm thinking of going with gray carbon fiber look, but I don't want to order it and then be sorry.

I Don't think I have seen any corbin's on a FJR that wasn't black. But if you go to corbins web sight for the FJR (here), at the bottom of the page is a"materials" button. Click on that to bring up a list with pictures of what the have.

When you order your seat, if there is ANY adjustments you want to make to customize the seat. make sure you tell them. They will make the seat any way you want it. If your like me (6'2') I had them build the seat up an inch (over stock height) for more leg room. Remember they lower the riders position with stock their "stock" seat. I would also suggest that if you do not plan on using their back rest, to have them NOT put the metal piece in the back of the pillion seat for it to slide into. My wife complained about it being hard on her tail bone making it sore on long rides. I have a Givi top case with the padded backrest I use for when she goes with me. We took a trip to their factory in Hollister and had her seat tweaked for her.

I think Corbin makes one of the best seats out there, I've had one on the last 3 bikes I have owned. A major improvement over any factory seat.

I just got mine about a month ago. Had it made with the Gray Partners (darker gray) leather on the seat and GP vinyl on the sides. Had navy blue welts put on. IMO, it looks good with the black/silver on the bike.

I won't have access to a camera for several days (mid-week?), but if you want some pictures, feel free to PM me with your email addr & I'll get some pics taken.