Corbin Smuggler color match

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I want your feedback on the color match.

I am about to place an order for the smuggler, but I heard that 8 times on 10, the color match is not

perfect.

How far is it, when it does not match according to you ?

At this price it should be perfect..... :unsure:

If I remember right, Corbin thought the '03 and '04 bikes were the same primer gray color. They got it figured out, but the 05's were never wrong. This is going off of memory, so I could be totally wrong. :blink:

Pierre;

Why not wait a month and buy it at Americade?

FYI, the colour match to the '06 is flawless. Now, if it only used the same key and cost half of what it does . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierre;
Why not wait a month and buy it at Americade?

FYI, the colour match to the '06 is flawless. Now, if it only used the same key and cost half of what it does . . .

Price at the Americade will be $ 825.00 ( list ) less 10% for the show.

That will come to $ 742.50

Mike from Unoiversity Motors does it for $ 725.00 actually....

I have an 04 and the color match was frickin terrible. Gary @ University tried twice w/ Corbin. Finally just took the discount, had the paint custom mixed and sprayed @ my buddy's body shop. I have a friend w/ an 05 and the color is spot on. From my body shop days many moons ago, silver tones are sometimes tough to match. Many instances it's the color of the primer under the topcoat that causes the problem.

The color match on my 07'A is very good, very happy with it and the extra space is great. Additionally I find the corbin seat very comfortable but will admit I have not used the stock seat at all and have not tried a russel or sargent.

How helpful was all that?