Corbin Smuggler Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a group buy somewhere for the smuggler ?

We re two guys interested to buy it in Montreal, wondering if we could add up to that

and have a better price ?

Pierre;

I stared longingly at the Smuggler last year at Americade in Lake George NY (Week of June 5 this year, by the way), where they were willing to sell them for *only* $549 plus NY state tax - now they want a lot more.

I love the concept. I hate tank bags and the side cases are not 'contents friendly' unless (I suppose) you have bag liners. But being stupid Canadians, we don't GET bag liners, even though we are asked to pay the equivalent of US$17,300 plus 15% in taxes, plus $320 for registration for those machines we only get to ride for 8 or so months a year.

Then again we're also paying US$4.11 for a US gallon of gas in Montreal this morning - and we're an oil producing/exporting country with a surplus of refining capacity!!

I'd love a smuggler, but the divorce is draining me and even if I did have a lot of free cash lying around it just isn't gonna happen at those prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they could get the price down to $300-$400US, maybe. I like the looks, but it'll be snowing in hell before I pay what there asking for it.

+5

but more towards the 300.00

Jezzzz its only plastic

cost on that thing cant be more then 200.00. A hundred dollar profit is pretty damn good mark up...

Jd

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I thought they were fiberglass. That makes the price even more ludicrous!

I really like the looks and the utility of the Smuggler, but would be very hard pressed to pay what Corbin is asking for it. I'd be interested in a group buy, but I doubt that Corbin would do it.

I'd be interested also, but for about 50% of what they want. Which I doubt they would ever do as proud as they are of it.

Apparently you can find an almost identical thing to the Corbin, on a few European sites.....can't remember which one, but there was at least 2 or 3....

The last I heard the Smuggler had a bad habit of allowing water to leak inside. Did they ever fix that? For $800 it ought to be as watertight as a submarine!

Can't believe Corbin wouldn't at least entertain a group buy offer. They are in business to make money. Just my humble opinion.

Couple of questions; Do you need the Corbin seat and part of the smuggler, and is the smuggler lockable ?

They sure do look neat and would seem very functional.

I really like the looks and the utility of the Smuggler, but would be very hard pressed to pay what Corbin is asking for it. I'd be interested in a group buy, but I doubt that Corbin would do it.
I came >< that close to buying one when I bought my Corbin heated seat (rider & pillion) for the '06. I was ready, and I almost did. I decided to hold off, then I heard about the leaking issue. That is a *lot* of money, and I'd want something a little closer to "perfect" for that much scratch.

$.02