Cortech HRX Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a Cortech HRX textile jacket and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them. Also, any ideas for a textile overpants (fit over jeans)?? I've done the search thing with little luck. TIA

Tom

I'm looking to get a Cortech HRX textile jacket and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them. Also, any ideas for a textile overpants (fit over jeans)?? I've done the search thing with little luck. TIA
Tom
I dont' have any personal experience with Cortech but there are a few listed on this site...(listed under Tourmaster Courtech).

Tom
Tom,

I'm not familiar with the HRX, but last summer we bought Joe Rocket Alter Ego jackets after seeing one owned by a FJR friend. They are good in 90% on the riding we do. Good for everything except real cold ass riding (like now). They have weatherprood panels that unzip (remove), leaving your basic mesh jacket for hot weather. Also comes with a windproof and I think waterproof liner to wear underneath. Thay list for $249, we got them on sale at a local dealer for $199 less 10% for buying 2.

The new clerk got bitched out for the 10%. They are very comfortable and not that bulky to store.

I bought the First Gear Killimanjaro Air overpants. East on and off, enough pockets, Mesh for hot riding with water and wind proof liner (removable). Good for riding in the 40s with liner in and jeans. Cooler on 05 in 90s than just plain jeans. $199. Sized according to jean size...you wear 36 waist, get a 36. I'm a puny 5'8", 29 inseam, they are a little long for me.

Linky

I wanted the HRX jacket bad. but then i walked into my local yamaha dealer and saw that they had the GX Air jacket in my size, color and for half price. i absolutely love it! they seem pretty similar to me. i think you'll enjoy that jacket alot Tom. 3 layers are the shit! B)

OK, it may be time for a Friday afternoon dogpile on a newbie,

but I wear a Cortech Magnum Perf jacket and the matching decker overpants on all but the hottest days.

Hot in Knoxville for me is mid 90s and HUMID.

Was it here somewhere that I read sweat is easier to wipe off than road rash?

Mesh is better than nothing, but as my age goes up, so does my want of protective gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted the HRX jacket bad. but then i walked into my local yamaha dealer and saw that they had the GX Air jacket in my size, color and for half price. i absolutely love it! they seem pretty similar to me. i think you'll enjoy that jacket alot Tom. 3 layers are the shit! B)
I love the Blue/Black color of the HRX. I think it will go well with my 04 FJR. Problem is, no dealers around here stock the HRX (not many are a Tourmaster dealer as well). Hard to "lay hands on" this way so I'm depending on you FJRForum people to help out.

And one thing I forgot to say is, if the HRX isn't completely waterproof it's not a big deal to me. I ALWAYS carry my rainsuit in my tank bag. In fact, I ALWAYS carry my wife's in the bag as well.

OK, it may be time for a Friday afternoon dogpile on a newbie,
but I wear a Cortech Magnum Perf jacket and the matching decker overpants on all but the hottest days.

Hot in Knoxville for me is mid 90s and HUMID.

Was it here somewhere that I read sweat is easier to wipe off than road rash?

Mesh is better than nothing, but as my age goes up, so does my want of protective gear.
HEY...I'm am not a NEWBIE. I just act like one. :yahoo:

Tom