Couldn't Stay Away

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIST

Reaction score
Quite a while ago I traded my '07 FJR for an '08 BMW R12RT. At the time I thought it was the right thing to do. I didn't have the RT very long before I traded it for a very low mileage '07 BMW K12S. Kept the K12S for 6 months, then traded it for a new '09 Ducati Monster 1100S, which I still have. Until recently the Ducati shared garage space with my '08 Triumph America that I got in October of '08. That all changed this past week when I was on the computer checking out different motorcycle sites and dealerships. I stumbled upon an '08 FJR with 380 miles on it at a dealership about 85 miles away from home. A short road trip was all it took. Needless to say, the Triumph has been evicted and the FJR now occupies the vacant space. I had forgotten how much fun this motorcycle can be. Now when I want to take a ride I have to decide what I'm hungry for, Italian or Japanese. I don't think I can go wrong either way.

:yahoo:

MIST, my professional diagnosis is that you have commitment issues.

But I agree that if you have to choose, Italian and Japanese are the best.

They also make excellent motorcyles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a while ago I traded my '07 FJR for an '08 BMW R12RT. At the time I thought it was the right thing to do. I didn't have the RT very long before I traded it for a very low mileage '07 BMW K12S. Kept the K12S for 6 months, then traded it for a new '09 Ducati Monster 1100S, which I still have. Until recently the Ducati shared garage space with my '08 Triumph America that I got in October of '08. That all changed this past week when I was on the computer checking out different motorcycle sites and dealerships. I stumbled upon an '08 FJR with 380 miles on it at a dealership about 85 miles away from home. A short road trip was all it took. Needless to say, the Triumph has been evicted and the FJR now occupies the vacant space. I had forgotten how much fun this motorcycle can be. Now when I want to take a ride I have to decide what I'm hungry for, Italian or Japanese. I don't think I can go wrong either way.
:yahoo:

Diversity in the garage is a natural thing, and makes for a better rider, and one who understands that 1 motorcycle cannot be everything. You need at least 2 more, totally different in catagory.

Steve

Diversity in the garage is a natural thing, and makes for a better rider, and one who understands that 1 motorcycle cannot be everything. You need at least 2 more, totally different in catagory.
Steve

Hey - I got it right! I have my FJR, a BMW G650GS dual sport and a Yamaha TTR-125 dirt bike. Great combination. With those three bikes, I can ride anywhere.

thats an awesome story, it's hard to go wrong with those 2 choices of rides. I've ridden the RT's a couple of times and much prefer the ride of the FJR.