Couple of neat wireless items

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
Looks like Etymotic has come up with a set of wireless earphones, that work with any bluetooth system...

Ety8s

Wonder if there's some way to use something like this with the output from my Mixit2...?

Also saw a news item for this wireless earphone/speaker for use with cell phones, that has some wild noise cancellation technology... watch the video when it gets turned on... it's pretty slick!

Jawbone

Apparently Cingular currently sells them, but they'll soon be for sale through the company's website for use with any bluetooth phone.

Two things come to mind.

Whats the battery life of all of those products? If its not 8 hours, it may not be worth it. Eventually you'll have to replace the built in batteries. Is this possible, or are they throw away units?

the ety8's are HUGE! No way in hell you'll be able to comfortably fit them under a helmet.

Thinking about it a bit more... don't see why I couldn't plug something like this into the output plug from my Mixit2, and then use the Ety8s to go wireless... or am I missing something?
Wireless Blue tooth tranmitter...
It should work, but as i am discovering, BT does not offer a lot in Stereo sound. As I read your item descrioption, it will broadcast in stereo but my speakers in the helmet are not.

I have been talking with Garmin and the only (current) GPS they have that broadcasts BT in stereo is the Nuvi 660, which is not waterproof for bikes. They confirmed my 2820 broadcasts in mono, so as I read this, I thought for $50 I could plug it into the aux jack and have stereo, but then I am back to the spreaker issue.

My advice, give it 6-12 months as it looks like the tech is moving to stereo.

+1 on fencer...

I don't want to develop it, just want to use it... so I'll wait for standardized stereo BT. Until then -- wired Etymotics are superb!

+1 on fencer...
I don't want to develop it, just want to use it... so I'll wait for standardized stereo BT. Until then -- wired Etymotics are superb!
I agree... I've been using wired Etymotics for quite a while now with great success... just thought this looks like sometime soon we'll be able to better untether ourselves from the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Etymotic has come up with a set of wireless earphones, that work with any bluetooth system...
Ety8s

Wonder if there's some way to use something like this with the output from my Mixit2...?

Also saw a news item for this wireless earphone/speaker for use with cell phones, that has some wild noise cancellation technology... watch the video when it gets turned on... it's pretty slick!

Jawbone

Apparently Cingular currently sells them, but they'll soon be for sale through the company's website for use with any bluetooth phone.
That Jawbone noise cancellation feature seems really amazing, it looks like a really well engineered bluetooth device.