Cover Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulie

Reaction score
I need a cost-effective cover for my FJR. I will be storing it under a roof in a carport, so rain and debris aren't an issue. I'm guessing that having a somewhat "breathable" cover would be useful for preventing condensation and hence rust. $149 for the Yamaha Logo seems a bit pricey. What are you guys using?

Thanks,

Paul

I picked up a cover on ebay about 4 years ago. Fits nicely, breaths well and the price was right. My bike is always in the garage, covered during it's down time. Do a quick search on ebay and see what you come up with.

$30 USD and better built than I expected:

https://www.newenoughhp.com/closeouts/acces...r_closeout.html

Got the XL for the FZ-1, very slightly too big but OK, the XXL fits the FJR well with or without the side bags and a Cal-Sci XL windscreen. I see the XXL is sold out at New Enough, but if you look for this cover elsewhere it is well made. I store my bikes outside during the summer and they kept them dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my Dowco Guardian cover. I only use while parked at work, but so far so good for the last few years. Good customer service too.

Last edited by a moderator: