Cover for Handlebars & Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borrec

Reaction score
I was looking for a waterproof cover to protect my GPS and other electronics on my handlebars. This would also keep them out of view while away from the bike for awhile. I was going to have one custom made when one day I was in clothing sales and saw a backpack. Then it hit me, they have waterproof covers for them. This is the one I got: https://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/...em/104114/N/988

I got the extra large and it will even cover my FZ1 mirrors too.

It has an attached bag, elastic, closure cord, and hook. Works great, the large would probably work also. :D

CF1000005.jpg

When traveling and planning to go inside restaurants to eat, etc., I carry a 6' cable and padlock. I run the cable through the sleeves of my riding jacket and lock it under the steering head. That way my jacket is locked on the bike and it covers my collection of electronic farkles.

The one I use to cover the electronics is a seat-cover from Russell Day-Long Saddles. Waterproof, and has elastic all around the outside. Almost like a custom fit, packs down nice and small. I don't recall the price, but I'm sure Heather would be glad to get it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
When traveling and planning to go inside restaurants to eat, etc., I carry a 6' cable and padlock. I run the cable through the sleeves of my riding jacket and lock it under the steering head. That way my jacket is locked on the bike and it covers my collection of electronic farkles.
madmike2,

I was just curious which band cable you use, the one Cyclegadgets sells called the BOLTLOCK or do you have something better? This is the one I've been considering with the optional longer cable...

BL-BK.jpg

Crimey!!!!

A jacket in your size must cover your entire FJR and the FJRs to either side of yours.

madmike2,I was just curious which band cable you use, the one Cyclegadgets sells called the BOLTLOCK or do you have something better? This is the one I've been considering with the optional longer cable...

Crimey!!!!
A jacket in your size must cover your entire FJR and the FJRs to either side of yours.
Actually, its a "Kryptoflex", a cable I used to lock the cruiser. I string it through one wrist hole and out the other, then push the end through the steering head and padlock it. I doubth you'd need anything that substantial, but I already have it, its very flexible and performs 2 functions.

As Skooter says, my jacket is large enough it covers the tank bag, too. (I suppose it could be used to smother certain admins!?!?!?!?!? ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to try a cover from Pacsafe so that it would be a little more secure (steel mesh), but I find that the jacket and lock trick works for keeping items protected from the quick swipe.

Latest posts