Cover-Up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I've been looking throughout the internet, not just this website but many others, looking at pictures readers have submitted. Some of camping trips, hotels stays or just pictures of their bikes parked in their garages. It looks like there are many of you that choose to tuck their babies in at night by covering them up. So, in an effort to keep up with proper Farkles, it may be time for me to look for a proper cover for the bike. I've seen the traditional full cover and the partial or half covers being used.

So I started looking at the many places to purchase a cover, including through Yamaha.

But there are just too many choices to decide! :eek:

Does anyone care to share their opinion and/or advice on buying a cover for my baby?

I just bought a "Large" cover from Wal-mart. think it cost 20 bucks. Covers the whole bike even with the Yamaha top case and side cases on.

The photo in my profile shows me next to an R6, but that is my FJR in the back with the blue and silver cover on. Bigger pic here:

https://tinyurl.com/3dpavq

Not sure who makes the cover but it has grommets on the bottom that I ran a cable lock through...an it has padding over the windscreen section. Bundles up into a bag about 11X5X7 ..

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Just parked in the garage I throw an old bed sheet over it to keep the dust off which works pretty good...

Picture014.jpg

When parking outside overnight or in bad weather I use a Guardian...

Picture018.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Works great and easy to put on. I got the extra large size which would also allow for top boxes. There's also a strap on the bottom that keeps it from blowing off along with an elastic type band around the bottom.

[EDIT] Also it's pretty heavy duty and has a heat resistant liner around the bottom which allows you to put in on when pipes are still hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW. Last week UPS delivered an Aerostich Ultralight cover to my garage. I hate to admit it and I'm not sure how much it cost but when I found what I wanted I just bought it. Anyway, it's very compact and will go to NAFO with me. It is also additional security, to back up my alarm, and may even help keep the bike clean.

Have fun researching your bike cover.

BBQ

CycleGear sold me a cover that works well & was on sale for $29.

It has a bungee cord already attached & a plastic grommet on the other side so you can snug 'er down underneath the bike.

Only thing is to never put it on when the pipes are HOT......

I got both the $20 cover from Walmart for the home and the Nelson Rigg Falcon 2000 for the workplace. I'm selling my Nelson Rigg cover since I no longer need it at work.

Several years ago the wife bought me a Geza cover for the 2000 Concours. I've used it on three bikes now including the Concours, 05 FJR & 07 FJR. The cover is water repellent not waterproof & fits tight-think Spandex. It does pack small & I take it on tours & the that is the only time it gets used. I do scotchguard it often. In a pouring rain the bike will get wet but it does prevent prying eyes. Packing size is important on tours. Good luck on your search. Ron