Covering Parts Using Hydrographics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtie39

Reaction score
Recently watched a episode of Bill Jordan's Realtree hunting show in which he took truck parts and had them coated using hydrographics. The company he is using is Immersion Graphics and it appears they are the innovators in this technology. Taking a brief look at their website I see a carbon fiber pattern offered along with a selection of other coatings. I don't think IG is a company that accepts parts from the public but rather does hydrographics for businesses that need this to finish a product. So the search would be to find a outlet that does this for "retail" so to speak.

Wonder if this is a option to have FJR parts done compared to paint etc....???

Roger

There isn't any pricing in that thread or the one linked to it other than buying the materials and diy.

There is a local company in Indy who does this and I visited then yesterday to get a quote. The owner, who does ask the hydroprinting pricing, was not in but his employees told me to do the trim under the tank and the two side panels on my '14 in carbon fiber pattern would cost over $400. That is too expensive for me to put up the $ for this process.

That said, I did find a diy kit online that I may try out for just over $100. I just need to find a tub that will be appropriate for the curved tank trim piece.

Anyone else find any other options?

Last edited by a moderator: