Cranker Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know....

Full face helmets, highway speeds, and amplified radios don't seem to work very well...

WW

I don't know....
Full face helmets, highway speeds, and amplified radios don't seem to work very well...

WW
Well it`s designed for sport bikes, which don`t have the windshield of the FJR. Also tend to be louder on the road, this may be a good fit for me...will let you know.

I'm with Wicked, I think if you're just cruising to bike nite and posing with your Oakley's and flip flops it will probably work out just fine :)

Seriously I don't see this working good for anything more than 'around town' and around town I don't need a tank bag.

if you have an aftermarket windshield that allows relative quiet, I think this might work ok. Of couse, it'll depend how loud you can turn it up, too. I think that it'd be worth a try if that is what you'd like to have.

PS... please let us know how it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much "amp" power can it possibly have running on 4 AA batteries?

And how does it NOT blow up and let out expensive blue smoke if you power it from the bike, as stated on the website, since it apparently is designed to work on 6 volts? (4 x 1.5V AA batteries)

So how bad was it?
My Zune wouldn`t fit in the pocket provided(minor issue as I would want to use my Aqua box for easier access). I my opinion, it`s a nice tank bag which would work well on camp-outs or picknics, not while riding though. It has a sticker attached that says not to operate while bike is in motion. Did not try hooking it up to the bike`s battery. I didn`t give it much of a tryout as everytime I turned it up to 17/20 on volume the unit would shut off on me. At moderate volumes it was fine.