Crash bars for FJR - options and providers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Just tried searching for these, and the main result I found was the group buy from 905racing, which as well as being over, seems to have lead to some other issues. Thus I'd probably leave them as my 3rd or 4th choice, but they do remain an option, IMO.

Edited because I have my facts confused after reading two threads last week. After retracing my steps and reading the threads again, 905 IS NOT the vendor I thought members here were having an issue with. There is discussion about delayed delivery for a specific item from 905, but this is NOT the bigger issue another vendor had.

So, where in the heck can one find crash bars for the FJR? I may have been too sleepy last night, but I couldn't seem to find bars anywhere online. Tried to look for police accessories as well, and while a couple sites in the UK had stuff, it was mostly decal packages (holy crap would you bike be bright).

So... where to next? I could do sliders, but being a former jeeper and offroader, I like the protection "crash bars" provide. ;) Given it's an 09 and I selected the Raven paint job (oh, wait...), finding black things to match the bike should be easy, IF THEY EXIST... ;)

Help? Direction? Advice? Consultations? Concepts? >>> all accepted... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know 905 is the only company that makes crash bars for the FJR. What don't you like about them.? They have performed very well when they have been test (accidentally) by forum members.

Total mistake on my part johnny. I edited my first post to hopefully clear up any confusion for other reads, too.

OK, so 905 is the first stop - any other that folks know of?

... or will I need to get all Q on my bike's a$$ and figure something out for myself? ;)

I am glad you posted this, as I bought my bars from 905 based on the recommendations on this forum.

It's been almost a month since I've ordered them, and I have no idea where my bars are. I've emailed them twice and received one response two weeks ago, stating that my bars would ship "by the end of the week" and that I would be given a tracking number. No bars, no tracking number.

My second email to them has yet to receive a response.

I read that the bars are hand made, and I want to make allowances for small time vendors. However, this is an awful long lead time.

How long did other people wait before their bars arrived?

So... where to next? I could do sliders, but being a former jeeper and offroader, I like the protection "crash bars" provide. ;) Given it's an 09 and I selected the Raven paint job (oh, wait...), finding black things to match the bike should be easy, IF THEY EXIST... ;)
Help? Direction? Advice? Consultations? Concepts? >>> all accepted... :D
there is the 905 crash bars or

there are Belgium made sliders that extend past the bags to protect the back

on the front, install some good delrin sliders on the motor mounts like Motivation, R&G, or OES

CLICKY - Check out this thread