Crash Protector for the stator/generator cover.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taff

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Should get my parts on Wednesday of this week to bring Cherry back to spec :yahoo:

Having searched the web (and this forum) in an attempt to find a protective cover (not CF) that would mount over the left side stator cover, in order to protect against an accident, I have not been able to find anything suitable.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
...protective cover (not CF) that would mount over the left side stator cover, in order to protect against an accident...
Firstly if you insist in winter riding, you probably need these

and secondly if you are going horizontal you need to contact Skyway for some sliders.

I have his sliders worked great in the garage that one day... :rolleyes:

Having searched the web (and this forum) in an attempt to find a protective cover (not CF) that would mount over the left side stator cover, in order to protect against an accident, I have not been able to find anything suitable.
By this statement, does that mean you HAVE found something other than "CF"? And what "suitable" material was it? The C/F covers are all I've ever heard of....please enlighten as to others.

...protective cover (not CF) that would mount over the left side stator cover, in order to protect against an accident...

and secondly if you are going horizontal you need to contact Skyway for some sliders.

Got sliders, just wanted some metal covers!

By this statement, does that mean you HAVE found something other than "CF"? And what "suitable" material was it? The C/F covers are all I've ever heard of....please enlighten as to others.
Hi there,

I was looking for some aluminium covers but havn't found anything.

Don't crash? LOL
Hard not to crash when you hit some ice. Temperature well above freezing (37F) when I went down!

Just a freak snow/ice event on my way home that was not even forecast.

Had a trails bike (Europe) with studs on my tires for winter riding.

Wish I could get some fitted to my Feejer (joking of course).

You won't hit the stator cover if you have sliders (at least not in a typical lowside).

I would either replace it, or just leave it be and remember your battle scars.

You won't hit the stator cover if you have sliders (at least not in a typical lowside).
I would either replace it, or just leave it be and remember your battle scars.
Actually on the Gen II you will. Don't ask me how I know this.... :rolleyes:
Actually, you WILL hit the stator cover on the Gen 1, as well. That's when they were first designed and created...for the Euro '01 and '02 FJRs And I know this first-hand. :eek:

I'm not aware of any protective covers other than the CF ones. I'm unsure why you don't want one of these - it's a pretty good application to use CF for.

- Mark

I'm not aware of any protective covers other than the CF ones. I'm unsure why you don't want one of these - it's a pretty good application to use CF for.
- Mark
Hi Mark,

Do you think that the CF would be a good application such as my get off last Sunday when the stator cover was all banged up?

Any idea as to who is best to buy these CF protectors from?

TIA,

Ride safe.

Got sliders, just wanted some metal covers!
may no find any since there may be some concern about force transfer through the metal to what you're trying to protect. i've been running this for years and still love it.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/ea/ea.html
Thanks for that.