Cross Bar Mounting Kit From Bike effects

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
Mounting Kit II for Yamaha FJR1300 (Rear) Aluminum

FJR1300 places a crossbar between the handlebars for mounting various base plates or enclosures. This rearward mounting may not allow room for a Tank Bag.

How does this attach given that the handlebar bolts are covered?

ABK02040-0000.jpg

I have a modified version of this available for the '06-07. Kaitsdad is using one on his '06 for his Garmin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KaitsDad...........post a pic will ya ?????????????

Jeezzz, are you guys needy, or what. :p

OK - here's some pics of Wonky wearing her crossbar and Garmin housing. The manufacturer of this mount and housing used Wonky for the design work, following which these pics were taken.

DSCF1724_.jpg

Notice the round "caps" that are covering the main nuts on each side.

DSCF1725_.jpg

The crossbar mounting bolts with the spacers on them replace the stock handlebar bolts. (Hint - take a small bit of tape, and fasten those spacers in place during the installation, as well as during removal. They're quite tasty, and your bike will eat them. DAMHIK) :blink:

This pic is how she looks with lots of other stuff attached. (And I've since cleaned up the garage.)

79057882-L.jpg

The compound curve stock covers that are in place on your bike can be used for a camping spoon once you take them off. While they do cover the bolt/nut wells, they are not waterproof, and are not structural.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Kaitsdad. Are these available to the public as I don't see them on Bikeeffect's site? Also, can you talk about the reservoir cap mounts for your radar detector and the other electronic device?

Looks good Kaitsdad. Are these available to the public as I don't see them on Bikeeffect's site? Also, can you talk about the reservoir cap mounts for your radar detector and the other electronic device?

I purchased the Garmin enclosure and the brackets, and the caps were with it. I would assume that they are part of the 06/07 crossbar kit that Jeff sells.

The res covers are made by Skyway - and can be obtained here: Skyway's GXM Mount Puck Plate thingies. I'm using the right side for it's intended purpose - and I installed a second one on the left, which gives a substantially larger surface area (and it's smooth) for the velcro that mounts the X50 cover. They also make nice helipads for those helpful LEO's to land.

And that X50 cover is available from Legal Speeding.

The Risers you see there are manufactured by Doug Hines - which have been recalled, and are not being produced. So don't get your hopes up on those.

FYI The GPS housing and crossbar assembly are also available from GPSForLess.
The bracket for the '07 FJR is part ABK02160-0101 and is 3 items from the end: https://gpsforless.stores.yahoo.net/unbrackitii.html

The GPS housings are here: https://gpsforless.stores.yahoo.net/hoforstpi26.html

That's true - however, if they are purchased from Jeff, a forum discount applies, and it supports a fellow forum member.

Vendor Offer section - Sport Bike Effects

We all try to help out Jeff so he isn't so cranky at WFO meets. :huh: (did I say that? )

Hey Hal, in the first two pics looks like the Doug Hines risers are not in place and the last forward looking pic shows the risers. My question is are the fasteners on the cross bar the same in all pics? And are you using the stock top tree? This is a sweet looking setup and one I hope to use when my wallet allows me to get a Garmin. Looking good bro. PM. <>< :specool:

Del, you are correct. Those first two pics happened before the DH risers were available - the third after. (obvously ...)

I had to install bolts that were longer, and remove one of the three spacers on each bolt. Works like a charm.