Cruise Control Bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flylooper

Reaction score
I just finished installing an Audiovox cruise control on my bike. The bracket which holds the On/Off/Set/Resume switch came off my Concours and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it fits my new Feejer as though it was fabricated for that bike.

I've put up a picture. Click on FJR Cruise Bracket and you can see what it looks like on my bike. I think this is a much cleaner installation than anything I've seen so far. It can be gotten from Murphskits for $29 bucks and he has one for either the left or right side of the handlebars.

Just and FYI.

That bracket looks great. I made one almost exactly like it four months ago when I installed my CC.

I typically prefer to buy rather than make, so I will be saving that link for the future. Great tip!

That bracket looks great. I made one almost exactly like it four months ago when I installed my CC.
I typically prefer to buy rather than make, so I will be saving that link for the future. Great tip!
+1

I just finished installing an Audiovox cruise control on my bike. The bracket which holds the On/Off/Set/Resume switch came off my Concours and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it fits my new Feejer as though it was fabricated for that bike.
I've put up a picture. Click on FJR Cruise Bracket and you can see what it looks like on my bike. I think this is a much cleaner installation than anything I've seen so far. It can be gotten from Murphskits for $29 bucks and he has one for either the left or right side of the handlebars.

Just and FYI.
went to your pics and saw the Concours all loaded and ready to go. I like the Concours for many reasons...but mostly because it has been around so long that it is friggin cool.

I like longevity I guess...it's like the 911 of Sport Touring.

anyway...there. I don't have much to say about cruise control other than I like it.

Your pic of your FJR titled "My Dream Bike"...little story: I have had my bike for 5200 miles (2.5 months) and I still go out and lovingly wax it for no reason other to look at it and touch it. I love my FJR and anyone thinking about buying one should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd, but I'm not as passionate about the FJR as I was with the XS750 Pic the new owner took. Then again I was 30-ish when I bought the XS in '79. I'm not 30 now :( ...I wax it when it needs it. I'm not as obsessed about minor scratches.

Pepperell

On that link you have there from murphskits, is that the audiovoxx cruise control you bought... and you havea left handed mount... that one says for $29. is the right hand mount... did you buy the $28.00 one... is that the left hand one..?

Also what instructions did you use to install your CC on the FJR?

thanks

Warp

On that link you have there from murphskits, is that the audiovoxx cruise control you bought... and you havea left handed mount...  that one says for $29. is the right hand mount...    did you buy the $28.00 one... is that the left hand one..?
Also what instructions did you use to install your CC on the FJR?

thanks

Warp
I had my Audiovox CC installed on my Connie, which I crashed and later parted out. I just pulled off all the CC components and reinstalled in on the FJR. That's how I discovered that the bracket fit on the Feejer. It's a clean look and out of the way. I have my bracket, as the picture shows, on the left side because I can engage it without messing with the throttle. A few Connie riders (where all this really began) like it on the right, and that's why Murph's offers a right hand version of the bracket.

As far as the actual installation of the CC goes, it's relatively easy to do. The hardest part is having to drill a small hole (I think it was a 3/32") into a little tab on the throttle cable "reel" (I don't know what else to call it) down inside the motor. It's real close quarters in there but it can be done, obviously. You can find some pretty good instructions here. The other freaky part is that I had to bend the tab just a tad to be sure the nut and bolt holding the servo cable in place (which fits throught the drilled hole) clear the throttle cable. That was a little daunting.

I followed them pretty closely for wiring instructions, but I located the vacuum cannister deep inside the right side panel. There's a little shelf in there that seemed like it was waiting for me to put it there. (LOL.) The servo is located right underneath the saddle.

This was a much easier install than on my Connie, which requires the hands of a surgeon to get the loop on the CC around the throttle.

Just and FYI.
went to your pics and saw the Concours all loaded and ready to go. I like the Concours for many reasons...but mostly because it has been around so long that it is friggin cool.

I like longevity I guess...it's like the 911 of Sport Touring.

anyway...there. I don't have much to say about cruise control other than I like it.

Your pic of your FJR titled "My Dream Bike"...little story: I have had my bike for 5200 miles (2.5 months) and I still go out and lovingly wax it for no reason other to look at it and touch it. I love my FJR and anyone thinking about buying one should.
I loved my Connie. I had two of them, an '00, which I crashed, and an '03, which I replaced it with. It's a bullet-proof bike, cheap to buy and easy as pie to work on for guys like me that are intimidated by all the electronics in modern motorcycles. (I won't even raise the hood of my Acura TL3.2S. I barely can find the dipstick!) I rode it to Alaska from San Francisco on it without a hitch. It carries a ton of weight , goes like hell, good fuel mileage, all that stuff. PLUS, you can farkle the living daylights out of them.

BUT....the FJR is a Ferrari to the Connie's Camaro. It's just that simple. I am just thrilled with the Feejer. I have a bigger shield on order to give me a little better protection from the wind (I'm 6'3") and I might get a Russelll seat for it. I had one on the Connie and loved it. My FJR came with the Corbin and I rode it 500 miles the first day I had it with no problem, but I don't think I was as comfortable on it as I was with the Day-Long saddle I had on the Connie.

So...you're not alone when you go out to the garage and just kind of look at it, or shine it up a little more. I'm going through the same thing! [grin].