Current Best Source for Fairning Rivets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paramonkreel

Reaction score
There are topics for this that are circa 2010 and 2012 but I was wondering where people find the best price on rivets for fairings. I've seen some 50 packs at the PNW meetup so I figured there were some better sources than the 10 for $10 I saw in those older threads. Also What are the official sizes of the rivets?

Thanks and sorry if you have to move this to the "redundant" pile.

Best place? Local hardware and auto parts places for me. Every once in a while I toss some OEM on an order from xxxx.com when I order grips, filters, etc. just to be sure I don't drift to far from original sizes, otherwise they won't fit.

I used these in the dash panels:

Amazon: Pit Posse PPRM6. Motorcycle sport bike push/pry MC nylon rivets: $6 for 15 pack.

My local dealer charges $4 each for 6mm rivets

The OEM rivets seem to be made from a bit softer plastic material, but these went in and held just fine. I figure I will not be able to re-use them but then agai the OEM rivets were not all that re-useable either (I need to learn to be less heavy handed!).

8mm, 9mm and 10mm rivets are available as well on Amazon/EBay. These are much cheaper, typically can find packs of 100 for 5-6 bucks.