Custom Driving Light Bracket on Front Forks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musman

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for custom front fork fog/driving light brackets? I know there are brackets for mounting near the mirrors, but I prefer to have my lights mounted off my front forks. I built a custom bracket myself for my Hella Micro Fog Lamps, but after two years of riding...it snapped today while on a ride.

Before I go to the work of making another bracket, I thought I'd see if someone knew of a custom bracket that's available that looks better and is more sturdy.

I bought these fender bolt mounts about a year ago and can try to find them

another forum member saw mine and we tried to find them and it was very difficult

I may be putting up my fork lights for sale in the next weeks or month

I want to replace them with Clearwater LED lights which are brake caliper mounted

3135335156_20539b94e3_b.jpg

3135335160_a17065a185_b.jpg

I'll check with Glenn at Clearwater Lights...he may have changed his fork lights from caliper to fender

Might be able to get mounts somehow...

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Thanks...I like the brackets you have...now if I can just find some place that sells just those, without having to purchase the lights as well...

I want to replace them with Clearwater LED lights which are brake caliper mounted
Not any more. His new mounting system for the Glenda style lights is on the front fender bolt. It's simpler and more universal, so one bracket works for more applications, an advantage when putting them into dealerships' hands, for one thing. I like that they're more "inboard" now, less vulnerable if something happens (we don't want to say "if your bike falls over" or anything). Don't have a pic of mine yet, but see his website, click on the "Gallery" tab. That first shot, on a Triumph Tiger, is about how the new FJR setup looks. Possible he'd sell a pair of brackets, tho I don't know. Can't hurt to ask. You'd love the lights with 'em though.

Not any more. His new mounting system for the Glenda style lights is on the front fender bolt. It's simpler and more universal, so one bracket works for more applications, an advantage when putting them into dealerships' hands, for one thing. I like that they're more "inboard" now, less vulnerable if something happens (we don't want to say "if your bike falls over" or anything). Don't have a pic of mine yet, but see his website, click on the "Gallery" tab. That first shot, on a Triumph Tiger, is about how the new FJR setup looks. Possible he'd sell a pair of brackets, tho I don't know. Can't hurt to ask. You'd love the lights with 'em though.

Here's some pics while at Clearwater during the install of my fender bolt mounted Glendas.

LilDragon3-24-10004.jpg

LilDragon3-24-10005.jpg

LilDragon3-24-10014.jpg

Sweet -- both the Glendas and those Creative Concept mounts. I have caliper mounted MotoLights, but that fender mount looks like less hassle. You don't have to re-aim every time you change tires or pads.