custom seat or windshield first

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg97224

Reaction score
I am going to put a taller windshield, probably a cee bailey, and a custom seat on my 07. After reading different threads about seats raising your sitting posisition, I was wondering if it would be better to get a new seat first then the windshield.

Thanks

Greg

I was wondering if it would be better to get a new seat first
Yes!

Or order the tallest windshield because you can always trim an inch or 2. Unless it's a "flip", which don't work for my height, causing more turbulence than the standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seat. Your final riding position will affect your screen choice just as will riser and peg modifications affect your seat's build. In order, I would do: Risers, pegs, seat, screen. All with the caveat of 'if needed'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a new windshield first. Then another windshield. Then the Russell seat. Then another windshield. I just purchased my last windshield, a VStream, haven't tested it yet (will do tomorrow) BUT it is absolutely my last windshield. If I'm not in love with it, I'll just pick one of the others & sell the rest. Still have (& love) the Russell... YMMV, no connection to any vendor, etc etc

G2, Seat Russell, Trottle lock (not the Tmiester) Triple clamp w/risers, Shield no flip, GPS w/XM, Shocks & P Comander...

Lucky

I am going to put a taller windshield, probably a cee bailey, and a custom seat on my 07. After reading different threads about seats raising your sitting posisition, I was wondering if it would be better to get a new seat first then the windshield.Thanks

Greg
SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: