Cycle Hill tire changer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
Well I ordered a cycle hill tire changer last Thursday. I also asked for the Ebay price which was $10 bucks cheaper. There response was that's if you only buy it now. Huh :blink: Well I said to the lady that's now problem, I will buy it now. Her response. Your pretty smart. Yeah duh, :rolleyes: Then she said it will ship out Monday. Wait a minute, today is Thursday (4:00 P.M. eastern) is it bad luck to ship on Fridays? No the boys go riding on Fridays, they work 4 10 hr. days. Oh! O.K. I guess. After talking to them it was on my charge card. I will have to call confirm shipment tomorrow. I am going on the chowder run and I have to get those new PR2's on the rims. I am not looking forward to having to spoon them on if need be.

Anyone else have experience dealing with these folks?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the videos on the nomar site. Changing the tires isnt that hard and these videos do a nice job of explaining the tricks and tips. It took me longer to remove the wheels from the bike then it did to mount and balance.

nomar videos

If you didn't purchase the "no scratch bead breaker" option, buy it! It's worth every penny IMO.

I'm seriously looking at that unit as well... and it looks like I got approval from the Minister of Finance (she who must be obeyed) to get one, as long as I use it for changing her car tires over from winter to summer each year... which sounds like a good deal to me.

I've heard of the love-hate relationship that people have with the HF (Princess Auto up here in Canuckistan) unit, but I've heard nothing but good things about the CycleHill/NoMar folks and their products.

Griff

Well I ordered a cycle hill tire changer last Thursday. I also asked for the Ebay price which was $10 bucks cheaper. There response was that's if you only buy it now. Huh :blink: Well I said to the lady that's now problem, I will buy it now. Her response. Your pretty smart. Yeah duh, :rolleyes: Then she said it will ship out Monday. Wait a minute, today is Thursday (4:00 P.M. eastern) is it bad luck to ship on Fridays? No the boys go riding on Fridays, they work 4 10 hr. days. Oh! O.K. I guess. After talking to them it was on my charge card. I will have to call confirm shipment tomorrow. I am going on the chowder run and I have to get those new PR2's on the rims. I am not looking forward to having to spoon them on if need be.
Anyone else have experience dealing with these folks?

Dave
Dave,

I've got a changer available and I'm in RI. If you need to change tires before the Chowder run, let me know and you can come over tonight.

Not to worry. Had a couple of dealings with them and all positive. It'll be there before ya know it!