Cycle Lift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
We finaly did it, went and bought a cycle lift from Direct Lift . They make lifts for cars and motorcycles, We got the Pro Lift with drop out so can change rear tire for 800.00 after tax. What a difference it made on working on the bike and if I was to do it agin I would get the side extenders so you ride the bike up on the lift. I've gpt long legs so can tip toe on my left leg but those that are verticly handicaped would need it as the lift is 7 1/2 " high in the down position 31 1/2 raised. Its the cats meow when working on the bike as we did my SS brake lines and clutch last weekend, they are great.

rogerfjrfaster :D

Woo this is spooky! I literally (30 seconds) ago started a thread in Technical area about lifts because I couldn't find info. Where did this come from?

Here is my other post:

I am planning to buy a lift and am curious if anyone has advice on this. I have found lifts that you can roll the whole bike onto and presumably put it on the center stand. And others that look like you roll them under the bike and jack it up. (Sorry I know this isn't a great description.) The latter are significantly cheaper. Of course it doesn't seem as stable to me. Also not sure where you place it to lift securely? I am wondering what kinds of lifts ya'll use?

I did a search on the word 'lifts' but didn't find anything.

Thanks

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Gypsy

At the present time none are built that can be used under the bike, only roll up on lift then you can put the wheels in the lock and tie it down or put it on the center stand depending on what you want to do to the bike.I have one of the type that rolls under the bike but its only for our gold wings not the FJR , for it you need the other type. Yes the roll under are cheaper less that a hundred bucks unless you buy a Bulldog lift then you spend almost the same as a roll up on lift. Hope this answers your question if not you can email personelly as its in my profile.

rogerfjrfaster :D

roger,

Thanks. I am glad I didn't go and buy the Bulldog lift. Didn't realise it wouldn't work with the FJR.

gypsy

This is the one I bought.

Back saver

I was disappointed to find that it was made in China after their web site stated that it was from the USA. It is put together well, mostly, and makes work on the bike much easier. After you get a lift you will wonder how you survived without one.

There are several makers of lifts: www.lift-buddy.com, www.handy-lift.com just to name two. google search of "motorcycle lifts" will give you more. They all seam to range from $ 595.00 to $ 995.00 plus freight and accessories. Have fun.

Sonny

Hell No!!.....that color --
puke.gif

I'm on an '04 Cerulean Battle Cruiser [SIZE=8pt](credit to Toecutter for coming up with a great desriptor)[/SIZE]

I bought the Handy Lift and liked it so well I got a second one. now I can make two piles of stuff to try to outsmart. when I bought the second one I got a whole bunch of new friends.

Friends,I have seen the lift sold by Harbour Freight.It is a little cheap in construction but its hold up a friends Harley Superglide just fine.I think he mentioned that the lift cylinder bleeds down a little,but it does have saftey notch's

that lock it in position.Has a nice removable plate on the rear,so you can do a rear tire(if on the center stand).It really is a pretty good value when you look at some of the others @ over $500. The only hitch with this and some of the others is the

space limitations .