Cycle Shell Motorcycle Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
Finally got that 02 Yammie 650 Vtwin running right and will be delivering it to my niece, Heather, this afternoon. However, I just discovered that she has no place to keep it except under it's cover. Uggh... with Florida humidy and rain, this is not good. I'm thinking about recommending this product, reviewed here by WebBikeWorld. CLICKY

Anybody ever use these? They any good? How well do they hold up? Any other recommendations? If she buys one, Where?

Gary

darksider

You mean to say "Sweet, Wonderful Uncle Gary" ain't footin' the bill???

What kinda uncle are you??? (besides broke)

tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know how well these things work as well. I may be forced to move my FJR out of the garage soon, but can't bear the thought of leaving it out there exposed to rain/wind/cold/heat/birdcrap.

I suggested that I could expand the garage, but that didn't fly.

I go with the opinion of the brainy guys above... Shed sounds like a much better idea and there's pretty much always some on craigslist here and there.

One good thing about the cycle shell, it's very easy to get in and out of. Unless you get the right shed, not so much.
+1

Also:

'With a 474-lb. dry weight, the V-Star 650 was light compared to other motorcycles in the middleweight category. The seat height was 27.4 inches and the overall height was 42.1 inches. The wheelbase of the V-Star 650 was 63.4 inches, and the overall length was 92.1 inches'.

So you would need an 8' long shed, unless it would fit corner to corner?

I have used one for two years now in PA. No issues and they are very nice. Pretty easy to get in and out and to open and close. Would recommend them to anyone.

You mean to say "Sweet, Wonderful Uncle Gary" ain't footin' the bill???
What kinda uncle are you??? (besides broke)

tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
You're right about being broke, but that's more because I just bought a car for my daughter and an 82 Honda CX500 for my future son in law. Of course, they're gonna pay me back, but the bank account is looking pretty sickly today. Tomorrow's the last day of school, and this teacher is headin' for the Dragon and then later next week for the West Coast. Looking forward to my Journeys in June...

Heather can't do the shed, guys, she lives at an apartment complex. That's why I suggested the Cycle Shell. Just wondering if anyone out there's used one or known of someone who has. I've been doing some research, but results are few and far between.

Just came across a couple guys who have one here: CLICKY

Also found some used ones here: CLICKY

Gary

darksider #44

Yeah they tend to frown on construction in the parking lot... Good luck with the purchase and post reviews!

It's gonna be awhile. Heather doesn't have the money for this as she just finished paying for all the gas and carb work. By the way, Sky Powersports in New Port Richey gave me a great deal. Kudos to Jim in their service department for his kind gesture to reduce the price for her.

And unfortunately, our first tropical storm/hurricane of the season is bearing down on us RIGHT NOW. Uggh. Wish it was still safe in my garage. All she's got is Yammie cover on it right now. I'm just looking for any forum experience with these things.

NOBODY even has a friend with one of these things? This FJR fishin' hole is going dry on me... NO BITES !!!!

Gary

darksider

Latest posts