Cycleport gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekirby

Reaction score
Hey everyone with Cycleport clothing.

I have done all kinds of searches and have found lots of info here and have been to the web site. Wayne has sent me his photos and I will be calling him in the next few weeks. I wanted to know if any of you with Cycleport clothing--specifically mesh clothing could post some of your pics so I can get a better idea of the stuff in the "real world".

Thanks folks.

Air Kevlar Pants (mesh):

parts4sale005.jpg

Police Kevlar Pants:

2156269914_d968547e0d.jpg

Got a pic of Air Kevlar Jacket somewhere too...

Thanks guys.

One question that I had for Wayne was on the fit of both the jacket and pant. I currently wear leather and like the snug fit. My jacket, an old Hein Greik V-Pilot, has enough room for me to layer undernieth in the winter but offer that secure feeling in the summer. I was wondering how the mesh jacket fits? Is is loose like most of the textile jackets I have seen or can you get a good 'fit' with this product. I am considering the gp2 jacket as it is made entirely of stretch kevlar and being used for racing I would assume it is a racing fit. In the pant I will either wear biking shorts in the summer or inslulating layers in the winter and am deciding between one vairety of kevlar street jean (a littler looser to allow for layering) or the mesh pant (a littler smaller than unusal as it will not be an overpant).

Feed back on fit?

Also, the jacket looks a little less 'polished' than somehting from other companies. This is not a major concern for me as I am after the protection, but I was wondering if my impressions from the photos were correct. Is that just the nature of the material or do they, like me, not photograph well?

I will post some pictures of my gear shortly, next week I hope. Wayne should be sending my gear to me shortly.
Here are some other sites with pictures:

Link 1

Link 2
Hey thanks. These links give me more of an idea of construction. Good prophetic answer to one of my questions in my last post.

I am no expert by any means, but I will give it a shot.

The stretch Kevlar seems to have bit more of a tighter feel then the mesh. So, this might be a good choice for you. Here are some pics, link. In addtion, when you call Wayne ask him about sending your current gear to him. I have heard of others sending in their gear so he can match the fit. Ask him to send you samples also.

I agree the stuff does not look the best in the pictures. However, when I saw it for the first time in person I was very impressed. I can't image you would not be impressed also after you see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feed back on fit?

If you like snug, stay away from the Air Mesh Kevlar stuff. It makes me look like the stay-puff marshmallow man :blink: . I don't give a poop what anyone thinks so that's what I wear in the summer.

In the winter I wear the police kevlar pants, which is a very snug fit, with an Olympia jacket.

And yes Motoports jackets seem a bit more 'basic' than the other more commercial brands, in terms of frills and flashy/racy garnishments, but they are (claimed) more protective....the padding is definitely the best I've seen in terms of coverage.

Feed back on fit?

If you like snug, stay away from the Air Mesh Kevlar stuff. It makes me look like the stay-puff marshmallow man :blink: . I don't give a poop what anyone thinks so that's what I wear in the summer.

In the winter I wear the police kevlar pants, which is a very snug fit, with an Olympia jacket.

And yes Motoports jackets seem a bit more 'basic' than the other more commercial brands, in terms of frills and flashy/racy garnishments, but they are (claimed) more protective....the padding is definitely the best I've seen in terms of coverage.
Do you have the 3/4 length jacket or the waist length?

Thanks everyone. Getting late here-turning in. Any more photos or feed back would much appreciated.

Here's a pic of me in my gear with the lovely Debs (of RogDebs). The knees are still dirty from my KLR crash:

IkedaslunchmeetDec07013.jpg

My first time in "the gear" since the crash....

AndrewsMemorialandSymbology001.jpg

If you will watch THIS VIDEO there is a shot of me just having arrived at the Dec. lunch...my first ride since my Aug 18th "wipeout" on my KLR. Cycleport...don't leave home without it!

I have the Ultra II airmesh with liners and matching pants. It only has a couple less pockets than my Kilamanjaro but it kept me from roadrash and more severe injury from my crash. I don't have pictures of my bruised body, but you could see that I was bruised around the armor.

As with your plans, during the Summer heat I wear "Underarmor-type" pants under my mesh, walking shorts if its a bit cool, regular levi-type jeans in the Fall and Winter. I've ridden in 40 degree temps with levis under the pants, the rain liner in the jacket and my gerbings heated liner and gloves.

AndrewsMemorialandSymbology006.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

GroupShot.jpg

92b632bc.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

That's about all I have. I love my gear, Eve hates hers. But I'm a function over form guy with some experience at bulky protective apparel. She's more into looks and comfort, so I'll probably be buying her some stretch Kevlar pants this year.

If I had it to do over, I'd pass on the insulated liners, as they're inefficient and rather unsightly if worn without the outers, as when you are off the bike and walking around in cold weather. I use polyester fleece in different weights and layers for warmth, which works much better and doesn't look dweeby when worn alone.

I'd also have gone with the Hi-Vis color on top, just for added safety.

The stretch stuff is good if you aren't riding in the furnace-temps we get around here. The combination of water/wind-proof liners and layers of under-stuffing has left me wanting for nothing in temps I normally ride in (above freezing, as I don't ice skate well on my bike). The bee venom allergy dictates the level of protection, so the choice was simple. In hot weather, they work great with a wet vest, so it's all good! Wayne sells the stuff exclusively and full-time, so he'll help you decide what's best for your situation.

I have a Roadcrafter two piece and I bought a pair of Air Mesh Kevlar-II pants to try and stay cooler in the heat (I swear the tarmac cringes at the sight of that stuff - if you crash it's the pavement that's gonna pay). I ended up returning them in favor of the Police Kevlars for the same reasons mentioned above. Both are great and Wayne is top notch. Neither are "fashionable" but that's not what we're here for.

You can't go wrong with CyclePort.

FjrVfr

ps- sorry I don't have pics. I broke a few too many cameras...

Toecutter-

Cundalini wants his hand back....heh heh heh.

Thanks for the pictures. I see you have the air mesh jacket. It doesn't look very snug. Does it feel secure like a leather jacket? Being a little looser does it beat you up at speed? I realy want this gear to work...I need to ditch the leather jacket in the summer and I have never owned m/c pants.

I'll never share my ice cream with you if that's the way you're going to eat it. :lol:

i've got all Ultra II stuff as well. It does look like it would whip around, but no, its the most stable gear i've ever owned with respect to whipping around in the wind.

It's probably so good because it is very stiff, and it does flow ALOT of air when the liners are not present. The 3/4 jacket isn't form fitting by design, but it is very secure. THere are adjustments (and Wayne will stitch on more if you want them), which when cinched, do make the big 3/4 jacket feel slimmer than it actually is.

i've got all Ultra II stuff as well. It does look like it would whip around, but no, its the most stable gear i've ever owned with respect to whipping around in the wind.
It's probably so good because it is very stiff, and it does flow ALOT of air when the liners are not present. The 3/4 jacket isn't form fitting by design, but it is very secure. THere are adjustments (and Wayne will stitch on more if you want them), which when cinched, do make the big 3/4 jacket feel slimmer than it actually is.

Where abouts in north Georgia? Trip down sometime to take a look?

Well you've seen the pics and read the views. Let me add this. My gear is "off the rack" I didn't order it custom (Ultra II) but Wayne spent a good deal of time over the course of three phone calls taking my measurements and coming up with the size.

Your right in the observation that it does not fit like a leather suit. It will make your butt look big and may be loose in the shoulders. Once you sit on your bike, it fits like a glove. Plenty of room to move and add additional clothing.

It gets HOT even in North Fla, but the air flow makes the suit comfortable. I wear shorts under the pants and a t-shirt or (for work) a short sleeve shirt. I also have the liners (have not tried them in the rain yet) and the thermo liner for the jacket. It handles the N.Fla. cold just fine. The extra room is appreciated during these times.

I haven't crash tested yet and when new. this stuff is stiffer than a sailor's d--k on leave but throw them in a commercial dryer with some tennis shoes and spin them for a couple of hours and they soften up. Better yet, wear them (that means ride) and you will reach the same goal.

I have the added zipper on the pants. When attached to the jacket (3/4), it becomes a "suit" that can be donned rather quickly. It is no frills, high cost protection (I hope). It's not for those uneasy with their body style or sensitive to what other riders may think. It seems to fit the style of user that enjoys the attributes of the FJR.

Lastly, the biggest pain is the Velcro. It attaches very tightly and requires some getting use to.

Good Luck.

TVcatapolteaglepjttribute048.jpg

Where abouts in north Georgia? Trip down sometime to take a look?
Acworth/Cumming area. Provided there's no monsoon, I'm doing the TN triangle of power ride (or whatever) in a couple weeks -- Sweetwater TN is base camp, come on down, I think another VA rider wanted to come down.

I'm sure someone has the gear that's closer, but I'm happy to show it off anytime.