CycleTrader.Com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRydr

A Homeless Nomad
Reaction score
I've had my '04 H-D Ultra posted for sale on Craigslist for some time now, and finally reached the decision to look into other advertising options. I decided I'd look into CycleTrader.com first, then eBay (I sold my last '01 Electra Glide on eBay and was happy with the way it turned out). I started looking over the process for placing an ad on-line. Multiple packages, both print and on-line, the more you pay the more you get. But the top-o-the-line "Super Deluxe" ($69) still only gives you 9 photos. Photos sell, so I wanted more. I wondered if I could put a tinyurl.com address in my ad pointing to my Webshots site where I have a bunch of pictures.

So, on the morning of 2/15 I sent an email off to their Customer Service asking them, in the hope I could get an ad placed in time for the weekend. An auto-responder quickly responded back to me saying "We've received your message, your message is very important to us, and a customer service representative will respond within two business days". Since it was early in the morning I was still hopeful I'd get a reply that day so I could purchase my ad. NOT!

10 days later I finally get a reply saying "sorry, we don't allow links in ads, be sure to contact us if you have further questions". Right. If I did my customer-support like CycleTrader.com I'd be out of business. I'll bet they hate Craigslist.org. How long should it take to reply to one simple e-mail question?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never use cycletrader.com again. Never got a response except from Nigerians and you are right - the CS sucks. Two thumbs down.

I sold my V-Max on CycleTrader, after failing on E-Bay. Their website is like something out of 1967, but it is widely read, at least here in the South. And it CAN get results.

I used Cycle Trader to sell my custom Warrior when all I got were insulting offers from the ebay crowd. Got great results. Sorry you had a bad experience.

:rolleyes: sold my last two bikes on cycle trader, great results.

... in my ad I said: "Lots more mods than I can list, please send request by e-mail or phone for more info and pics"

... I got lots of requests ...

They just revamped their website to make it look more like the 2007 instead of 1997.

Havent tried them yet....I had good luck with craigslist but then again I was selling a little old 600.