Dale Walker Header / Two Brothers Can's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King

Reaction score
All-

Help me! Melp me!

I just purchased a DW header system on Ebay a few hours ago. I'm currently running a stock header and 2Bros M2 aluminum cans.

After making the purchase, I come to find out that my 2Bros cans will not fit as they are designed to fit the stock headers w/o a gasket so they are smaller than stock on the inlet side of the mid-pipe.

I called 2Bros and they do not make another mid pipe to make this all fit. Anyone run across this, and what was your solution. I could always just get another set of slipons and sell off my 2Bros, but I like the looks of them and don't want to switch brands unless I have to.

What would work though is any aftermarket slip on that still RETAINS the stock gasket between the header and the midpipe.

All-
Help me! Melp me!

I just purchased a DW header system on Ebay a few hours ago. I'm currently running a stock header and 2Bros M2 aluminum cans.

After making the purchase, I come to find out that my 2Bros cans will not fit as they are designed to fit the stock headers w/o a gasket so they are smaller than stock on the inlet side of the mid-pipe.

I called 2Bros and they do not make another mid pipe to make this all fit. Anyone run across this, and what was your solution. I could always just get another set of slipons and sell off my 2Bros, but I like the looks of them and don't want to switch brands unless I have to.

What would work though is any aftermarket slip on that still RETAINS the stock gasket between the header and the midpipe.

The last time this was reviewed the only solution was to use the stock mufflers, Staintunes or the HoleShot cans. I think that was all what would fit the HoleShot pipe as all those are designed to use the stock muffler gaskets. I don't believe anyone came up with any alternatives other than switching to one of those cans unless you want to cut and weld...... Possibly a muffler or exhaust shop could expand the inlet to the cans you have to a larger diameter....??? Or cut them off and have a larger diameter piece of tube heliarced into place to slide over the HoleShot header.

I have a HoleShot header, also, and have the Staintune cans on it. They fit perfectly without the exhaust gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radman was the pioneer with the Walker header and he started out with a set of cans that would not fit. They may have been two brothers. He ended up selling his mufflers and going with Walker's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radman was the pioneer with the Walker header and he started out with a set of cans that would not fit. They may have been two brothers. He ended up selling his mufflers and going with Walker's.
They were D&D's, but the problem is the same. Muffs that fit the original header sans seals will NOT fit the Holeshot header. In fact, you will find the Two Bro's and the Header almost perfectly identical in ID/OD.

Radman-

Since the ID and OD of the Walker headers nearly matches the 2 Bros pipe, how about something like this:

Sorry, I haven't figured out the little "clicky" think. You'll have to cut and paste.

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...Term=band+clamp
I considered adding an adapter, or a clamp such as the ones you link to. Couple problems with it though.

1) A setup like that would add length to an already long system. The Holeshots as well as the oe muffs end right at the back of the bags, as God intended. Stick 'em out further and the Hardley Fishtail effect surfaces.

2) The additional length may stress the headpipe connection at the head. Note the Holeshot header eliminates the exhaust system support at the centerstand mount, so that the whole system is carried by the flange at the head, and the muffler support hanger. Add any length, and you risk losing the seal at the head. Add any flex, ditto, and you risk leaks at the header to muffler joint.

Just didn't seem worth it to me-I ended up opting for the Holeshot muffs, which I now have removed in favor of the Silent Screamer originals so's I can sneak up on people and repudiate the "loud pipes save lives" notion. Especially hilarious are 77 1/2 ton Chevs with HD stickers next to Calvin pissin on a Ford........ :p

I had problems fitting the Holeshot headers with the stock cans-which I was able to finally do after two days of aggravation. After the fact, I spoke with Dale Walker and he said I could have had a muffler shop bump up the diameter. I should have called him first!!

I had problems fitting the Holeshot headers with the stock cans-which I was able to finally do after two days of aggravation. After the fact, I spoke with Dale Walker and he said I could have had a muffler shop bump up the diameter. I should have called him first!!
Not such a good plan-the pipe in question is stainless, and has already been stretched. I too considered this, and thought the better of it. Afraid that any more and the risk of the pipe splitting becomes real. A little grinding on the header is all that's needed to get a good fit.

If anyone was wondering, I was able to make the combination of Holeshot headers and my 2 Bros. cans work nicely without any bending, stretching, mutilating, duct tape, etc.

Some high temp silicone over the two pipes, fiberglass exhaust tape (from a muffler patch kit at AutoZone) wrapped a few times around the sealant and joint, and a stainless steel band style clamp (about 3 inches long) to crimp the whole setup together. Works well and looks relatively clean.

The 2 Brothers intermediate pipe slipped nicely inside of the header. I know the joint would normally go the other way (intermediate pipe OVER the header) but it was a nice snug fit and didn't require any bending or stretching. I'm happy, except for the header touching down in corners... discussed in another thread.